Share | 

Silverstone 21/22nd Aug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Silverstone is the next BTCC stop this year, shame it's on the national circuit, 4 corners and 2 long straights basically, should be a good track for the Cruze and the Ford's, it's my least favourite track to go to. Still will be interesting to see what they've done to the track and how far the grandstands have been moved back on the startline, and which ones are open tomorrrow.
Hope Phil Glew has a good weekend, will be an indicator of how easy or difficult the NGTC TOCA engine is to put in a different car.
Only going tomorrow, Silverstone is expensive to camp at (compared to the MSV tracks).
Weather forecast looks to be showery, so BTCC keeping it's 100% rain at some point in the weekend this year!!
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:36 am

Focus front row lock out http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5150

they've already been hit with another smaller restrictor change http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5153

Paul O'Neill did well to get the Integra to 7th, and Matt Neal did well to get his 36kg ballasted Civic to 5th
Not good news for Phil Glew, problems in quali meant he's effectively last, although Martin Johnson wasnt at the track today to qualify
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 am

I love the comment underneath the report about the Ford getting penalised again. lol!

Why in Motorsport these days do people make fast cars. You may as well wait and see who is quicker then you and then just bitch about it like a little pussy until you get your own way.

Take F1 for example. Red Bull is the fastest car but tehir shouldn't be penalised, It's up to the other teams to get faster.

Still, Fords on the front. What's the odds of them both taking each other out first corner Angry
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:16 am

Triple win for Ford ten bravo Was it strange tactics today by the team boss to let Chilton take the first 2 victories?.

For me it was a great call. Both of the Fords were going to finish well today bar any mechinal problems so why not let Chilton get as much points as possible and push him up the table in both driver and for Ford in the team championship tables.

Is it me or has the Clio's now become the most boring out of the whole support packages. Something needs to be done to get it back on track. The number of cars is shocking. A feeder series for BTCC, No thanks, I would rather get the Ginetta G20 guys and gals Cool

I think Neals and Plato's coming together at the first corner in the last race was just that, But it was good to see Neal and Collard passing people once again with no contact what so ever. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jamie's Girl
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:31 am

Damn Matt Jackson for pushing Tom Chilton out of third place on Race 3. Mad
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Some great racing yesterday, quite a bit more action than Snetterton. I'm not sure why TOC let Chilton by, only thing i can think is that Chilton's dad is a prime mover at Aon so wants to see his son do the winning rather than the team mate further ahead, but TOC could have had a few more points than he has, and is still the leading Ford.
Paul O'Neill did a fantastic job to finish second in R3, and points finishes all 3 races.
Poor Dave Pinkney had good pace, but more car problems, he has had a real torrid time this year with the turbo Vectra.
Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden must be hoping the Civic flies at Knockhill as they need a strong weekend to get back into the championship.
I agree Steven about the Clio's didn't even watch the race yesterday, 14 cars just isnt interesting enough, not when we had double that and more not that long ago. Apart from the Ginetta Juniors all the support races are a bit dull, FRenault is typical slicks and wings with little overtaking these days, and Tim Harvey is running away with the Porsche championship, even though Michael Caine won both races yesterday.
Finally a BTCC meeting where i didnt get rained on, blazing sunshine yesterday Very Happy
Roll on Knockhill in 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 pm

There were some boos for Chilton and the team orders. I'd have thought getting behind TOC who's further ahead in the championship would have been a better move, TOC would have probably had 3 wins, maybe that is what the Chilton camp didnt want. Be a shame for TOC if he loses the championship by a few points.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:08 am

the team orders were rediculos

Tom Onslow Cole is ahead and not by some fluke either. i really hope this bikes team aon and tom chilton in the ass. btw aon is the sponsor of bother chiltons, tom and max any wonder?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:27 am

See what a bad example that Ferrari have set... Wink

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:57 am

the ferrari move was fine though, it's f1 (at least a proffessional championship sort of) not a two bit rockem sockem touring cars game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 21/22nd Aug   

Back to top Go down

Silverstone 21/22nd Aug
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1