HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:56 am

Quote :
Seven-time MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has confirmed he will leave the Fiat Yamaha team to ride for Ducati for two years from 2011.

Rossi will link up with the team from his native Italy as former world champion Casey Stoner of Australia leaves Ducati to join Honda.

The 31-year-old Rossi finished fifth in Sunday's Czech Grand Prix for Yamaha.

His chances of retaining the world title this year were dealt a blow by a six-week absence with a broken leg.

"It is very difficult to explain in just a few words what my relationship with Yamaha has been in these past seven years," said Rossi.

"Many things have changed since that far-off time in 2004 but especially 'she', my M1, has changed. At that time she was a poor middle-grid position MotoGP bike, derided by most of the riders and the MotoGP workers.

"Now, after having helped her to grow and improve, you can see her smiling in her garage, courted and admired, treated as the top of her class.

"Now the moment has come to look for new challenges, my work here at Yamaha is finished.

"Unfortunately, even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave behind a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time at Welkom, when she looked straight into my eyes and told me 'I love you'."

Filippo Preziosi, Ducati Corse general director, said: "Firstly, Valentino is a great fan of motorcycles and so it has always been a pleasure for me to listen to his opinions.

"Until the Valencia GP he will remain a competitor, one so great that he has always given a special value to our victories, but as soon as he rides the Ducati for the first time we will work together on every single detail that will develop a bike capable of showing his huge talent.

"Working with Valentino is one of the most exciting things for every engineer and its good to know we will have this great opportunity next season."

Last edited by CJ on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 am

Gotta love the note Vale wrote Laughing Rossi's bike is a two timing whore Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:01 am

Am not sure he can perform the miracle again like he did back in 2004 but after all, This is Valentino so who knows.

But this is good news for Moto GP. Moto GP needs something new and with Rossi and Stoner moving to different teams and Spies getting full factory ride am sure it will give the championship a much needed boost.

I hope Burgess stays with Yamaha and is secretly working with Rossi and screws Lorenzo over. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:59 am

It's gonna be weird after 7 seasons of blue. Better get used to it. italyflag

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 am

CJ wrote:
It's gonna be weird after 7 seasons of blue. Better get used to it. italyflag

who ever mocked that up did a very good job
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:41 am

Yep agree with that, a quality mock-up.

Well that was the worst kept secret in MotoGP, and I'm glad that it has been made official now. Should hopefully liven up the next couple of seasons, and hopefully we will get some more bikes on the grid as well.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 am

DTM Deano wrote:
Yep agree with that, a quality mock-up.

Well that was the worst kept secret in MotoGP, and I'm glad that it has been made official now. Should hopefully liven up the next couple of seasons, and hopefully we will get some more bikes on the grid as well.

+1.

I don't think Yamaha's pace will take a beating as a result of Rossi's departure. Lorenzo seems to have picked up where he left off, and Spies looks set to make the most of the opportunity given to him.

Mind you, seeing the Doctor, Hayden and Ducati take the fight to them all the way through next season will be something to watch, not to mention seeing how Stoner will fair on onboard the Honda.

Should be good. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)   

Back to top Go down

Valentino Rossi to Ducati in 2011 (official)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1