Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am

Quote :
Honda has officially confirmed that Casey Stoner will join its MotoGP line-up for 2011.

The move had been rumoured since former Ducati boss Livio Suppo moved to Honda last autumn, and Stoner has now followed him, with the announcement of his Honda signing coming shortly after Ducati revealed he was leaving its fold earlier this morning.

Honda did not reveal how long Stoner's deal is for, and said it would not announce its full 2011 squad until later this year. But team boss Shuhei Nakamoto did suggest he was keen to retain current riders Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso, amid rumours of a three-bike factory programme next season.

"In the factory Honda squad we already have two very strong and experienced riders in Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso who are performing very well and currently hold second and third positions in the 2010 world championship," said Nakamoto.

"HRC hopes also to retain these two riders for next year - giving us what would be a truly formidable line-up."

Stoner started his MotoGP career with satellite Honda team LCR in 2006, before leaving for Ducati at the end of the year and winning the 2007 world championship.

"We are very pleased that Casey will join Honda again next year," said Nakamoto. "Clearly he is one of the top riders in MotoGP and he will bring valuable speed and experience to our team."

Although it is losing Stoner, Ducati is now widely expected to sign Valentino Rossi from Yamaha in his place, with Tech 3 rider and Superbike champion Ben Spies favourite to step into Rossi's vacant seat if the deal goes ahead.

It'll be interesting to see how HRC deals with this. I doubt we'll see 3 Repsol Hondas on the grid, so one of the current pair could be put on a factory-built privateer machine for 2011. Question
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:45 am

does this then open up the Ducati for Rossi? I'm not a bike man but i have heard rumours, do you bikers think it would be possible?

Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:33 am

24 wrote:
does this then open up the Ducati for Rossi? I'm not a bike man but i have heard rumours, do you bikers think it would be possible?

Well if MCN are to be believed, then we'll be seeing the Doc on a Duke alongside Hayden next year, and Spies partnering Lorenzo at Yamaha.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:21 am

me thinks this is good for ducati but not for honda...
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 am

Well obviously Stoner must have a good relationship with Livio Suppo, who moved from Ducati to Honda, and now Casey has followed him.

If Rossi goes to Ducati, we will get to see whether he can tame the Duke or not, which should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 am

The worst kept secret in the paddock is now official Laughing He should be good on the Honda, with Suppo working for them
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:37 am

I think this is great news for Moto GP. It was getting a bit sterrile with people on the same bikes but at last we see movement again.

I am really looking forward to next year now. Stoner on a Honda, Rossi on a Ducati, Spies on Factory Yamaha with the team focused on him and not Lorenzo Laughing
add even another 5 bikes on the grid and we well see the good times back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season   

Back to top Go down

Honda signs Stoner for 2011 season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1