HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 pm

but it is autosport so it's bound to be wrong

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/85015
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 pm

I have heard the old A1GP cars are racing.

i think the world cup of nations is still a good idea but its to be done right.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 pm

MotorracingP wrote:
I have heard the old A1GP cars are racing.

i think the world cup of nations is still a good idea but its to be done right.

Yeah they are racing in the Auto GP series m8.

I think it was a good idea and attracted some decent drivers too, but indeed it needs to be worked properly.

Like everything else it trys to compete with F1, but as long as i have a hole in my arse it won't. It needs to be its own series with someone who has the drive to suceed in motorsport and have specific goals, not like Texiera just to make some money which in the end i doubt he did

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 am

No series can compete with F1 simple as.

But the nations thing can work, its just got to be done right and i agree with what 24 said.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:33 am

no series can compete with f1, to make anything that boring is really expensive.

I hope a1gp has a future. But as long as it's single seaters i think it will always have trouble. I actually think they should follow the stupid league formula model of not paying the drivers.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:26 am

Cerca Trova wrote:
I actually think they should follow the stupid league formula model of not paying the drivers.

Certainly not stupid IMO, i was very impressed with the racing at Silverstone, off to Brands just hoping the racing is as impressive there

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 am

i have to say i watch superlegaue last weekend at the nurburgring and it was ok. interesting way of doing things with head to head and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:16 am

A1GP never made any profit or broke even, it made nothing but losses:
Quote :
CEO Pete da Silva reported a $240 million loss for the initial season, and yet RAB Capital paid $200 million to the exiting Dubai founder for his 80% stake; A1GP subsequently failed to make profits or attract significant financing and sponsorship, all as reported in the Wall Street Journal in April 2007.[22] Before the 2008–09 "Powered by Ferrari" season was to begin, RAB Capital announced that its fund invested in A1GP had lost 48% of its value in one year's time, with most of this loss attributed to the A1GP investment that RAB had written down for a third time, this according to Bloomberg.[23] A1 Team Australia boss Alan Jones has since suggested that "it is common knowledge that Mr Teixeira bought RAB Capital out from A1GP" before the current season[24], yet A1GP prominently displayed RAB Capital branding until A1GP discontinued racing operations in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_Grand_Prix

This is very pessimistic and negative, but I don’t think A1GP could survive if it was re-launched and would fail yet again. If you cut beneath the ‘World Cup of Motorsport’ tag, what substantial feature has it got compared to the other numerous single seater series? A1GP would now be competing with F2 and Auto GP as well, both of which are getting established and it would leave A1GP with very weak grids and teams. A1GP was fun in the first three years, but to be brutally honest it was in essence just another junior open wheel category – this is an extremely overcrowded market and there is no market for A1GP anymore. I doubt many teams would be interested in A1GP anyway, everybody knows that it was previously a fragile series that is not worth investing in if it suddenly goes bust. A1GP was entertaining, but it never offered anything above what F2, F3 or GP2 offered – former A1GP drivers just used the series as a stepping stone to Formula One like the rest of the junior series. Sorry, but without any significant USP it will fail again. A1GP was great for the racing fans, but was a flawed business.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 pm

your thinking of it as a ladder series, thats what it became. What it needs to do, is stand outside of that. Atm Stupid league formula is outside of the ladder system. It's not going to be formula that why i say don't pay the drivers and then people trying to make a career get no benefit from it thus breaking apart from the ladder system.
Back to top Go down
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Maybe see you at Brands, 24... anybody else going?

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:44 pm

seanmiller wrote:
Maybe see you at Brands, 24... anybody else going?

If it comes off yeah i'll probably be there lol!

Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 am

Given my Brands Season Pass, I will be there as well.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster   

Back to top Go down

The Master of disaster is back with a little plaster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1