View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 am

German rivals unhappy with 'superstar' Vettel

Quote :
It would be fair to say Sebastian Vettel is not on the Christmas card list of two of his countrymen and F1 rivals.

Veteran journalist Roger Benoit, long-time correspondent for the Swiss newspaper Blick, travelled to Montreal on the same Zurich flight as Vettel and Mercedes' Nico Rosberg.

He said the pair were seated not a car's length apart, but neither greeted one another nor exchanged a single word.

Benoit said the reason for the freeze was "clear": a few days earlier, Rosberg had said Vettel was definitely to blame for his crash with Red Bull teammate Mark Webber in Turkey.

Meanwhile, after Sunday's Canadian grand prix, 22-year-old Vettel triggered the temper of Force India driver Adrian Sutil.

Vettel, he revealed to the media, had approached the 27-year-old and sarcastically asked if his rearview mirrors had fallen off during the Montreal race.

"He should be quiet. He thinks he's a superstar," Sutil is quoted as retorting.

http://www.f1complete.com/2010-news/17295?task=view

Sounds juicy, perhaps they should have a fight and we can see which driver would win? I wonder which driver would give the hardest punch? The fight could be shown on live TV, I am sure the general public would be interested in watching a punch up between three raging men - it could make F1 more accessible to people if they recognise these drivers in an F1 races.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:19 pm

i think it would be boring and more like handbags at dawn. Move on.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Rosberg and Sutil should keep there opinions to themselves until they win races and make overtaking moves
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 am

Matt wrote:
Rosberg and Sutil should keep there opinions to themselves until they win races and make overtaking moves
Given the recent threads about Vettel, are you trying to be ironic? Wink
Back to top Go down
ns-mitneal
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 am

I actually believe that Sutil is the better driver of the 3, just the car isnt yet the best, and he's never had a top car either.

Sutil is right though, vettel is strutting around a little too much lately, so yeah, good on Sutil
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 am

Laker wrote:
Matt wrote:

True, I've seen no evidence of Vettel's great overtaking moves. Although my criticism of Vettel does not extend to him personally - I am only interested in track performance and racing related matters.

I read that Sutil might go to Renault next year, that would be great. I'd like to see what he could really do with a race-winning car - Renault did say that they plan to mount a championship challenge in 2011. And we've seen Sutil actually make decent overtaking moves when he was a firm back marker - even if he has made a hash of a few of them (who hasn't!).

Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Laker wrote:
Matt wrote:

Nope, recently Rosberg has qualified poorly and hasnt made any real impression in the races, thats a championship winning car he is in lets not forget
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:26 am

Matt wrote:
Laker wrote:
Matt wrote:

Nope, recently Rosberg has qualified poorly and hasnt made any real impression in the races, thats a championship winning car he is in lets not forget

Yea but that's since Mercedes changed the car for Schumacher
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 am

The only overtaking moves i can remember Nico making were on his debut in Bahrain, 5-6 years ago wheneva it was
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:04 am

I agree with Matt about Rosberg's overtaking record, he made a great impression in Bahrain in 2006 and overtook a lot of cars. But has been Mr potential but no results ever since.

However, the only time this year when the Mercedes-Benz has been a race winning car is in China when Rosberg could have won. But apart from that, it isn't really on par with the Mclaren-Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari - so it hasn't been a 'championship winning' car so far.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vettel disliked by his German rivals?   

Back to top Go down

Vettel disliked by his German rivals?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1