BTCC Croft 19/20th June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:32 am

Its why I would always question somebody spending extra money on an Audi A3, for example, rather then a Golf. The Golf has the same built quality, engines, performance etc - but one has a nicer badge.

At least if you buy a BMW, there isn't any cheaper version that is exactly the same and is cheaper.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 am

Audi's are good. I agree on the A3 however the new A1 is great, looks good aswell.

The one i think i don't like from bmw and audi is SUV's they do. some are just awful like the review top gear did on the new cars....not point of waste money.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 am

Well had a great weekend, was good to meet up with Steven and Cal for race day. Caught the sun a lot, how about you two?
I have loads of pix to go through, will try and get them uploaded at some point, although i have all of this years meetings to do.
It was James Thompson i spotted walking past when race 1 was on, he had a pink shirt on, must have been some Yorkshire solidarity with Cal!!
Did spot Matt Hamilton in the paddock, had a chat, he has sold his old Civic already so is unlikely to be back this year. Elaine won 2 tins of Carling on the tombola which we gave to Martin Johnson cos we don't like lager, and we knew he would appreciate them.
Got a full house of BTCC drivers autographs in the programme, only the second time i've managed that!!
After race 3 looked at the cars in Parc Ferme, only Andy Jordan's didn't have any damage from contact, everybody else had bits missing, dents, black marks down the side, well brutal.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 am

Audi's are good cars indeed, cars like the RS4 and R8 are mega. But for the more affordable cars, the VW equivalent is rather similar.

I don't like SUV's that much, I would prefer to have a saloon car. If I had to have an SUV, it would be a Range Rover.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:34 am

well reading somewhere Audi A1 is mini rival and i think it could do well, the stuff you can get in the new A1 is amazing stuff you can get saloon cars and i don't know what bmw can do the mini to make it better.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 pm

the golf might be a cheap a3 but the seat leon is a cheap golf. By the same logic as an audi is a skoda isn't a mercedes a smart?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 am

Quote :
well reading somewhere Audi A1 is mini rival and i think it could do well, the stuff you can get in the new A1 is amazing stuff you can get saloon cars and i don't know what bmw can do the mini to make it better.

Audi, like everybody else has realised how successful BMW's MINI is - and they want access to the small premium car market. Citroen now has the DS3, and Fiat has the 500. The personalisation makes these kinds of cars profitable. As for big car features, the original BMW MINI had big car features and that was launched in 2001. The Audi doesn't move the game on from what I can see, there is nothing original about it. It will sell well because its a very well made car and looks stylish, but its nothing new.

The A1 is very, very expensive. Even the 120 BHP 1.4 turbo model costs over 18,000 - which is a lot for a car with that much BHP. In comparsion, a MINI Cooper S has 183 bhh for 17,000. I highly doubt that the A1 is worth that much, after all - its a Skoda Fabia in a posh suit.

Cerca Trova wrote:
the golf might be a cheap a3 but the seat leon is a cheap golf. By the same logic as an audi is a skoda isn't a mercedes a smart?

Thankfully not. Smart cars have completely different engines, interior's, engines, chassis's, suspension systems etc.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:41 am

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Well had a great weekend, was good to meet up with Steven and Cal for race day. Caught the sun a lot, how about you two?
I have loads of pix to go through, will try and get them uploaded at some point, although i have all of this years meetings to do.
It was James Thompson i spotted walking past when race 1 was on, he had a pink shirt on, must have been some Yorkshire solidarity with Cal!!
Did spot Matt Hamilton in the paddock, had a chat, he has sold his old Civic already so is unlikely to be back this year. Elaine won 2 tins of Carling on the tombola which we gave to Martin Johnson cos we don't like lager, and we knew he would appreciate them.
Got a full house of BTCC drivers autographs in the programme, only the second time i've managed that!!
After race 3 looked at the cars in Parc Ferme, only Andy Jordan's didn't have any damage from contact, everybody else had bits missing, dents, black marks down the side, well brutal.

I'm still red but not as bad now, got a txt off Steven saying he was peeling Laughing and theres nowt wrong with Pink at all its a costom we have in Yorkshire wear really bright colors, its a way of getting spotted and I think it works well
Was great to meet up with you too Very Happy and the racing was decent too the 3rd race was defo the best one, i'm thinking of heading down to Donnington on 19th September, and i'll bring the sun cream too Laughing Embarassed
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 am

We'll be at Donington and would be good to catch up again. I do have some good pix, just got soooo many to go through.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:55 am

I'll see how it goes if I have the money and also if Leeds are playing too as to whether i'll get to Donnington if I go i'll get myself at the old hairpin again where I like to be up near the old bar that was there (shame that closed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   

Back to top Go down

BTCC Croft 19/20th June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2