BTCC Croft 19/20th June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 pm

BTCC returns to Croft this weekend, and i'm going for my first visit to Croft cheers which i'm looking forward to, just hoping it doesn't rain too much, it's rained in some form over the weekend at every round so far.
Hope to catch up with Steven again. Where's the best places to watch and take photo's from?
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:50 am

Well i'm heading there too, and i'll probs be at either Sunny in Sunny out corners or at first corner just depends how it goes, I really hope its dry and sunny too needs to be i'm sick of rain on a sunday now, been 10 years since I last went to Croft and its my local track too anyway should be a great days racing
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:54 am

Rain at Croft..... never lol! I can't remember the last time I went to a Croft meeting and it hasn't rained.

After experiencing Cadwell park and Donington park, I will say One thing to you both, Be prepared for the que getting out the circuit, It's bad every year at Croft. I have never had any such problems at those other 2 circuits.

You get a great view from pretty much anywhere at Croft. The best way to describe it is, Within a few laps there won't be a long wait till you see a car past you again. for instance you can watch the same car for around 20-30 seconds before it goes out of view.

Why not try and sample all of it. You can only go so far as Sunny Out, but you get to watch them coming from the Jim Clark Essess and all the way round to the complex.

My favourite spot has to be watching from the banking at Hawthorns watching the cars accelerate round the fast right into the chicane.

I think there is an army of us coming down but I will still be up for a Forum meet as I can leave my mates for a race or so Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Have a good day guys, i'm heading to silverstone for motogp and with wtcc aswell sunday i'll have to record the highlights only this weekend. Should be another weekend of people moaning at how fast the focus is with crofts fast sections
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 am

Be pretty cool for us heading to Croft to meet up, might go stupid and put my Pink top on, yes you'll probs have seen me post a pic up of it on here, and it defo a sure fire way of getting noticed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 am

I went to one of the first(it may have been the first) of the modern day Croft Touring Car events in 98(I think). It was fantastic but peed it down with rain all weekend and flooded all the car parks. My only two memories of Croft are that it was a cracking club circuit and it was very wet!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 am

I hope that everybody who is going has a great weekend, I will be watching closely as ever. I would be surprised if Croft is a Ford Focus circuit, there are a number of critical long flat out sections and exits from tight chicanes that will see the car have superior acceleration due to being turbo-charged and the additional torque. But there are many heavy braking and flowing bends that require sound braking stability and a responsive turn in. The extra weight that the Focus for being LPG will hurt it in these corners that make up most of the track.

We saw at Oulton Park how the Cruze was able to comfortably out-brake the Focus. It will be interesting to see.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Are you camping at the circuit or staying near by in B&B BHCP?

I know you said you didn't want to travel all the way up on Sunday morning so I gather you have something sorted at least Laughing
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah Steven, we're staying overnight in Darlington in a b&b, i couldn't get tomorrow (Friday) off work, so we're leaving early Saturday morning.
Tickets still havent showed up, if they don't arrive today i'm gonna have to chase them as no one is in tomorrow; if the postie does try to deliver them and they need a sig we're screwed.
Looking forward to my first visit to the track though, and Saturday will give us a chance to explore a bit without it being too crowded.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:00 am

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Yeah Steven, we're staying overnight in Darlington in a b&b, i couldn't get tomorrow (Friday) off work, so we're leaving early Saturday morning.
Tickets still havent showed up, if they don't arrive today i'm gonna have to chase them as no one is in tomorrow; if the postie does try to deliver them and they need a sig we're screwed.
Looking forward to my first visit to the track though, and Saturday will give us a chance to explore a bit without it being too crowded.

You staying in Darlington Shocked If your taking a watch, remember to set it back 30 years lol! Am kidding, It's just like everywhere else, good and bad bits. There is a locomotive made out of bricks Laughing

Another good viewing point is in the middle of the circuit, I don't know if it's open on Saturdays though.

I do hope you get your tickets. But that does seem like Croft all over. Sometimes the effeciancy seems to be lacking somewhat(As does my spelling)
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Well had to chase them about the no show of tickets, but have manged to sort it out - sort of, we'll see when we get there tomorrow, but at least the office is aware of it now.
Stayed in Darlington in 2007, pub we stayed in also had now defunct Eurotek Motorsport Formula Renault team staying and we had a great evening chatting to the truckie and team manager, had a great insight into how busy and stressful the team manager's job is, he was constantly on the phone!!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:47 am

Chilton is on pole: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84606

The Civic looks very quick around Croft, hope that Collard can nail Shedden off the line then hunt down Chilton for the lead.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:59 am

Good news for me Cool Lets hope Chilton can hold off Shedden as he looks quick this weekend. To be honest I just hope for a good days racing with nice weather and meeting a couple of forumer's.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 am

I hope its been a good day for you's.

I hope cal, you left your pritt stick at home. Laughing scratch
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:28 am

Some wild racing in that final race, really glad that Steven Kahne got a podium. I'm glad that Matt Neal had a puncture in that final race, that equalises things with Plato more. Hope everybody that went had a good time.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 am

Got back from Croft a couple of hours ago. It was a good day, Was good to meet up with Nick again and to see Calden for first time.

Didn't really see much action today apart from the 3rd race. Very disapointed about Chilton, Things just don't seem to be happening for that Focus at the minute, TOC seems to have more reliability.

Got quite a few autographs this year so am happy about that also, I hope the guys at Moto GP had the weather we had today, It was roasting, literially, I look like a piece of beetroot, My arms and face are stinging.

Calden was the same lol! But I guess his top matched his skin afterwards.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:57 am

Bonjour all Laughing just got home and was a great day really enjoyed it 3rd race was best Andy Jordan well deserved that win was too much the Honda wins in first 2 rounds, was all out loonacy and yeah i'm glowing think i've been cremated yes I matched the top lol!

The Focus just failed Laughing Yes I had to say it oh I loved the Megane RS safety car in the Clio cup and Formula Renault, was great to meet up with Steven & Nick

One thing though the Clio grid was too small but great day apart from feeling like I was part of a Sunday Dinner

Oh and must be said STEVEN! said he likes Hyundais Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:22 am

You!!!! Angry lol!

All I said was that I liked the look of the I30 oh and to add to it, I do actually like the look of the Genesis coupe as well. There I said it lol!

Anyway Mister 'I love Renaults but secretly Love Ford and wanted a T-shirt' Calden. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35 am

Hyundai's are not that bad, if Steven liked Lada's then there maybe an issue. lol!

Clearly the win meant an awful amount to Andrew Jordan, but I do think that if he hadn't of started from first position he would have never won that race. That Vectra had no where near front-running pace in the other two races. Clear air and a load of drivers squabbling over positions benefited him hugely.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 am

Steven_85 wrote:
You!!!! Angry lol!

All I said was that I liked the look of the I30 oh and to add to it, I do actually like the look of the Genesis coupe as well. There I said it lol!

Anyway Mister 'I love Renaults but secretly Love Ford and wanted a T-shirt' Calden. Laughing Laughing

I did think about one of them Fleese things from team AON but decided against it goes against everything I said about Ford, oh and I did say I quite liked the look of the Focus Embarassed Embarassed lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:07 am

Everyone knew calden was serect ford lover.....and but getting a t-shirt cal.......i see your losing it abit.

Hyundais!!! affraid pale
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:25 am

Oh i've lost it already Paul, but least I didn't say I liked Hyundais Laughing Wink was still great to meet Steven though had a fantastic day with them
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:12 am

Laughing aleast you left your pritt stick at home which is a good thing. scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:13 am

Audi's are just Skoda's though. Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 am

Oh the Pritt Stick stayed at home and I managed to get it out too cheers Laughing

And SIR is right Audis are just Skodas Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Croft 19/20th June   

Back to top Go down

BTCC Croft 19/20th June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next