Share | 

From Audi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: From Audi   Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:36 am

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/experience/motorsport/le_mans_sports_cars/audi_sportwagen_news.detail.2010~06~audi_brings_a_plus.html

Quote :
From 2011 forward, new technical regulations prescribing smaller, even more efficient engines will come into force at Le Mans. Audi Sport has already started to work on the successor model of the current R15 TDI under the project name "R18.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:19 am

Thats a good thing.......has the regulations been sort? or still working on it?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 am

there sorted i believe

in truth they don't need to build a new car, just a new engine. The regs arn't very different just for the engines.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 am

Mark cole mentioned that the regs will be fully known to the public this weekend
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am

Regs are always full of hocus hopis plus mark cole gets a bit dim sometimes.

Most rule changes will be minor from the outside. Like the legality panel.

The big change will be the engine rules.

I just hope that for evry second the diesels are faster they get 40 kilos of lead.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 am

One rather interesting aspect is how the press release says 'R18'. But it doesn't say 'R18 TDI', could Audi be planning an upgrade to the R15 Plus, but have a petrol or hybrid solution? Wishful thinking, but if they were sure it was going to be diesel powered then I would have thought they would have just said it.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Sav 2 wrote:
One rather interesting aspect is how the press release says 'R18'. But it doesn't say 'R18 TDI', could Audi be planning an upgrade to the R15 Plus, but have a petrol or hybrid solution? Wishful thinking, but if they were sure it was going to be diesel powered then I would have thought they would have just said it.

back only a few second from the dust and your already ahead of the game. The R18 won't be TDi

i'm expecting petrol hybrid and the porsche name on the car.

But i'm hopeing for something far more outlandish. Hydrogen or battery?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:35 am

Cerca Trova wrote:
Sav 2 wrote:

back only a few second from the dust and your already ahead of the game. The R18 won't be TDi

lol!

Apparently, Audi are launching a production ready fully electric Audi R8 e-Tron in 2012. I reckon a petrol/electric hybrid is probable, as there must be reliability concerns about using pure electric power on a race car for that long.

Of course, Audi want to use new technology - but they also want to win the race. I am convinced that the engine will be electrically powered in some shape or form - as this is where some of Audi's road cars are heading. Audi are not concentrating on hydrogen at the moment - so I reckon they won't use it.

Audi's production car strategy gives us big clues.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Sav 2 wrote:
Cerca Trova wrote:
Sav 2 wrote:

lol!

Apparently, Audi are launching a production ready fully electric Audi R8 e-Tron in 2012. I reckon a petrol/electric hybrid is probable, as there must be reliability concerns about using pure electric power on a race car for that long.

Of course, Audi want to use new technology - but they also want to win the race. I am convinced that the engine will be electrically powered in some shape or form - as this is where some of Audi's road cars are heading. Audi are not concentrating on hydrogen at the moment - so I reckon they won't use it.

Audi's production car strategy gives us big clues.

thats why le mans was invented.

a combination of batteries and the flybrid system might work really well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Audi   

Back to top Go down

From Audi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1