HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Le Mans Series Trip 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Fri May 28, 2010 4:18 am

Well since my split from my partner, i have decided to enjoy life to the full and do what i want for a change, so the holiday to Orlando was cancelled (costing me a bomb to do, the thieving bar stewards)

So i decided to do something different.... Sod going abroad for a holiday to chill out and go wild in theme parks (like i should of been doing this year) i am going to the Le Mans Series Event at the Hungaroring.

I looked into staying in Budapest, i looked at Hostels, Hotels, B&B's etc,etc. Which for August (high Season) i was thinking i was going to be charged stupid prices but no, very reasonable.

However if you don't drive then you'd be buggered for taxi fares whilst there. I asked several hotels about taxi charges from there hotels to the Hungaroring and it varied between 13,000 and 15,000 Florins, which works out to be approx 45 Euros and this was each way! affraid to travel 11 km.

So i looked closer to the hungaroring and found a wicked little hotel (i hope) in Mogyorod, so i made contact was told it would be 40 Euros a night including Breakfast (which to me is very important) and was told that the hotel is about 3 km away from the Hungaroring, so IMO wicked i can walk there and back

I asked if they knew roughly how much it would cost by taxi to get to and from the hotel and this is where i got the shock of my life, they will pick me up and take me to the hotel for 20 Euros each way, so thankyou i'll take that, considering it would cost me about 70 each way via taxi so i have been told. I then asked how they want me to pay for the hotel and transfers, expecting to pay via credit card to be told oh pay cash when you arrive affraid lol!

So really looking forward to this now as i have been looking into it for about a month and a half now. Sorting out some photos to see who i can harass whilst out there lol! and anything i don't get done i'll get it done at Silverstone.

I'll have to do a report when i come back and maybe give you guys some advice for the F1 or Le Mans Series Events there in the future.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 am

Sounds like an interesting venture mate, trips to Hungary and the Hungaroring have a reputation for being relatively affordable. I am not surprised that the accommodation and taxi fairs are so affordable.

Don't a lot of Briton's and Eastern Europeans go to the F1 race? You usually see a lot of Britons in the stands. I would be very interested to hear your experiences in terms of the costs of everythings (excluding tickets). I would like to go to a motor race outside of Britain sometime, Le Mans and Hungaroring appeal to me.

I suspect the tickets for the Hungary LMS event are dirt cheap?......

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sun May 30, 2010 2:39 am

Sav 2 wrote:
Sounds like an interesting venture mate, trips to Hungary and the Hungaroring have a reputation for being relatively affordable. I am not surprised that the accommodation and taxi fairs are so affordable.

Accomodation is very cheap m8, but taxis are expensive around the area to and from the circuit. So need to stay as close as possible.

Sav 2 wrote:
Don't a lot of Briton's and Eastern Europeans go to the F1 race? You usually see a lot of Britons in the stands. I would be very interested to hear your experiences in terms of the costs of everythings (excluding tickets). I would like to go to a motor race outside of Britain sometime, Le Mans and Hungaroring appeal to me.

By all means i will give you all the details once everthing is paid for

Sav 2 wrote:
I suspect the tickets for the Hungary LMS event are dirt cheap?......

So i have been told m8, just need to wait and see as they are not available yet

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 am

I would love to go and see and ALMS. Sebring is a must nothing quite like the 12hours of sebring......
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sun May 30, 2010 5:35 am

MotorracingP wrote:
I would love to go and see and ALMS. Sebring is a must nothing quite like the 12hours of sebring......

I'd love to do Sebring m8 or Petit Le Mans

Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Well got back late last night, after some delays with flying out of Budapest, and a huge delay on the train from Gatwick to London, some idiot was on the line and had put some debris and himself on it and would not move. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Watched the coverage last night into this morning, and was actually surprised at the lack of people around, there were certainly more there than the screen showed.

Great result for the Beechdean boys, shame it could not of been on the top step (or even any step) of the podium. Couldnot believe that 6 LMP2 cars filled the top 6 places.

Had a wicked time out there and i certainly would go back, i have already booked the hotel for the F1, so if the do the LMS so close i will book 2 weeks and go out and see more of this lovely yet slightly weird country.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. Be interesting to see if the LMS return to the Hungaroring
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 am

Ah m8, it was totally awesome. Had fantastic weather all weekend. Great times getting autographs all weekend. Topped off with great food and some great racing action.

I am just uploading some pics and will post them in the pictures thread.

Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:27 am

Glad to hear that you had a good time Mark, I can't wait to watch the Le Mans Series at Silverstone in a couple of weeks now.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:33 am

DTM Deano wrote:
Glad to hear that you had a good time Mark, I can't wait to watch the Le Mans Series at Silverstone in a couple of weeks now.

Had a wicked time m8, well worth going. I cannot wait for the Silverstone round as well. Got a little arrangement to sort out with a certain ex world champion that will be there.

Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 am

Indeed, I'm sure you wont be the only one during that weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series Trip 2010   

Back to top Go down

Le Mans Series Trip 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1