HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Tue May 18, 2010 7:59 am

Quote :
“Partly, of course, my discomfort was because I was called to make a ruling on an incident involving Michael,” Hill said. “I acted entirely properly but I have already received some stinging e-mails accusing me of prejudice.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article7129072.ece

I can say that I'm totally unbiased, I'm not a fan of either driver. I think this is totally uncalled for by some people, Damon appears to have applied the absurd rules to the situation - so what else can he do? Its just too obvious to blame Damon, after the events of the 1994 OZ GP - lets actually ascertain what happened before applying what has happened in the past. Its almost like saying 'Ferrari International Assistance' automatically whenever something dodgy happens with Ferrari, its a knee-jerk reaction with no real evidence.

I think Damon is more sincere then what some people are suggesting.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 am

people seem to be forgetting that there are two other stewards who have much more knowledge of the rules, Hill was there as a drivers representative.

Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm

I dont blame Damon, he was asked to a job... if it was any other driver, this wouldnt even be news. As its schumi... hes biased.

Feel sorry for the man
Back to top Go down
Duckman
Race Driver
Race Driver

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Thu May 20, 2010 12:41 am

The rules are there in black and white and its good to see them being applied. I'm not a Damon Hill fan thats for sure but this is just a matter of facts. Schumacher broke the rules not Damon, get over it Schumi fans.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Thu May 20, 2010 6:06 am

Duckman wrote:
The rules are there in black and white and its good to see them being applied. I'm not a Damon Hill fan thats for sure but this is just a matter of facts. Schumacher broke the rules not Damon, get over it Schumi fans.

+ 1 completely.

Schumacher broke the rules and he was rightly punished, it is academic if the rules are absurd. The stewards are on hand to apply the rules they are given - not the rules that ought to exist.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Thu May 20, 2010 8:13 am

he should have been put behind alonso no more, 20 seconds was harsh for that.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Thu May 20, 2010 8:38 am

Cerca Trova wrote:
he should have been put behind alonso no more, 20 seconds was harsh for that.

I couldn't agree more

But they don't need to send hate that just pathetic
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Sun May 23, 2010 5:40 pm

The FIA appear to accept that the rules were unclear, which is why they're having an enquiry to clarify them.

So if the FIA accept this, why was Schumacher punished??

And, as Mercedes pointed out, why were GREEN FLAGS being waved at the point Schumi overtook?

Regardless of what "the rules" might have said, green flags are green flags.

There's no point having flag signalling if the drivers have to consult a rulebook to see whether they can overtake.... they should always be appropriate, and therefore if the marshalls wished Schumacher to not overtake they should have been waving YELLOWS!!!

It's not rocket science, is it!

As for Damon getting hate mail it does seem a bit extreme, but BBC's F1 pundits hardly helped did they with their spiel before the race about whether "Damon" would "find a way" to punish MS - they put the idea into the viewers' heads that this might be used by Mr Hill to "get back at Schumi" for stealing the Championship from him 25 years ago. Not surprised that people are now confused who made the call.

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   Mon May 24, 2010 6:10 am

In NASCAR, the officials have a tough job in judging which drivers have passed under yellow, or whether they passed under green. When you have 43 cars bumping each other along, then a multi-car wreck occurs - deciding whether drivers have passed others legally or not is something that I wouldn't like to be judging on.

This 'green flag' rule must be new for 2010. Similar circumstances occured in Australia and Italy last year, and both races finished under yellow flag conditions.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision   

Back to top Go down

Damon Hill - I am getting hate mail over Schumi decision
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1