Share | 

BTCC - Brands GP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: BTCC - Brands GP   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Round 3 on the GP loop this weekend. Can Plato win all three like last year???
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 am

In all honesty i really don't think so, it's early in the season, he has a healthy lead in the points over Matt Neal, and will want to consolidate that, a good haul of points will do him, Matt Neal is the one who needs the 3 wins to try and catch up!!!
On the other hand weather forecast looks to be wet early in the day so could be a few surprises in store. I would expect the Aon Focuses to go well and Motorbase BMW will want do well on the teams' home track.
As usual cheering on Paul O'Neill, would be fantastic if he could go one better this weekend. Haven't heard who's running for 888, guess it will be James Nash again.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:18 am

Yeah would be amazing if Paul could get a win. Jason says the car isnt right yet so your right i think if he can shadow matt again this weekend it will be ok. Hope ford can get a result, they have been a bit unlucky so far.

I've never been rained on at Brands yet so fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 am

Mattirex wrote:

Actually, neither have i, can't ever remember it raining even when i went to F1 or Group C back in the 80's let along more recent races i've attended there, still. I suppose there's a first time for everything. Not looking forward to taking down a wet tent if it rains at the end of Sunday Sad
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Sat May 01, 2010 8:16 am

Well hopefully the forecasters have got it wrong, as it has been lovely down here so far this week. Hopefully it will hold off until Monday morning. Looking forward to the first action on the GP circuit this season. Hopefully Andy Jordan can continue the good form that he has shown so far this season.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Sat May 01, 2010 11:01 am

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Mattirex wrote:

Actually, neither have i, can't ever remember it raining even when i went to F1 or Group C back in the 80's let along more recent races i've attended there, still. I suppose there's a first time for everything. Not looking forward to taking down a wet tent if it rains at the end of Sunday Sad

Masters Historic Festival 2008 at Brands... that was soggy!!!

They even cancelled the Historic F1 race after the parade lap because it was too dangerous due to aquaplaning etc.

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Sun May 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Its wet at Brands today. Infact it looks a bit like Croft today with that rain lol! Sorry to those who are at Brands today though, But I have to put up with that rain everytime I go to Croft. Laughing

Ford wins it's first race since the year 2000 bravo ten love

Hopefully that opens the floodgates (so to speak) and is the first of many over the next few rounds and years to come.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Mon May 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Yesterday was not fun in the slightest, got soaked in the first half hour, then the wind got up as well, and it was cold and wet all day Twisted Evil A lot of people left after the first touring car race, and the crowd gradually thinned out after that. We've now got a wet tent to try sort out when the weather is better (don't think the weather will let us today either)

Saturday was good, a brief shower mid afternoon, but was very warm when the sun was out. Baby Ginetta race was good at the end of the day, although they decided the Paddock gravel trap was a good car park!!
Started off yesterday on the inside at Hailwood Hill, but after the shelter got blown over and the ground was too soggy to keep tent pegs in went over to Paddock. Will have to check my pix, no ideas how they came out, was a nightmare trying to keep the lens clear, even with a lens hood on it.
Ah well, can relive it all from the comfort of the sofa later today.
Nice break to Oulton Park, due a dry weekend as well. Steven, Croft is also due a fully dry weekend, going to try sort accomodation out this week for it.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Tue May 04, 2010 6:12 am

I do think rain spoils motor racing sometimes. Even more so when your there.

I would of thought Croft was just a 1 day trip for you BHCP, It's only a hour or so up the road Wink

If you want to know a short-cut to Croft depending on which way you go then feel free to ask Laughing
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Tue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Steven, reckon Croft is probably 2 1/2 to 3 hours from here so can't really do it as a day trip (well we could, but an early start and later back). Plus the Saturday's are really relaxed and enjoyable without big crowds to wander round and take pix from different parts of the track etc.
Was much better watching the races on tv yesterday from the comfort of the sofa, race 2 was great, shame Paul got shuffled down the order trying to get second. Don't know what happened to him that he couldn't start race 3, but he could have been leading the championship if he'd had a good result in race 3 as well!!
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 am

Well as your area has no motorways it will take longer I suppose. When we met at Donnington last year I set off at 5am and got back after half 9pm. But I think I would prefer the extra day, as you say, Saturdays are less busy so you can have a good wonder around.

I will say Atleast with croft you do get a great view of pretty much anywhere you sit. Getting to see the cars for quite a bit of time. but it doesn't matter where I sit because I always seem to sit in the opposite place from were all the action happens lol.
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   Wed May 05, 2010 8:37 am

I will testify how wet it was on Sunday, it seemed like it was never going to stop tbh. The number of people who were leaving at Lunch was quite amazing I thought. Personally thought the crowd was pretty poor despite the poor conditions, I guess there is very little incentive to stand out in the rain when you can watch every lap live from your own armchair on ITV4.

Thought Chilton was awesome in the first two races, no one could hold a candle to him. Good result for Motorbase in the 3rd race of the day as well. Paul O'Neill had another good weekend, he is certainly showing how good he is in the Integra.

Thought the support racing was pretty good too, although the amount of safety car interventions over the day was pretty amazing tbh. Thought the Clio race was absolutely mental, it seemed there was a different leader each lap.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Brands GP   

Back to top Go down

BTCC - Brands GP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1