BTCC Rockingham

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Rockingham   Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:39 am

Race 1 couldn't believe so many cars went for wets or wets on rear, thought more would have done like Martin Johnson and pitted for slicks and started at the back, especially with tyre changes for the s2000 cars having 5 nuts per wheel to change.
Still it did liven things up for us fans. Great race 1 win for Matt Neal, especially after Thruxton and Honda must have been really happy with a 1-2. It was good to see Martin Johnson finishing 9th and getting 2 points, like a win for his small team.
Race 2 Plato made a stunning start to thoroughly earn his win and the first UK win for the Cruze, but Collard was so close at the end, although i think had it been Collard chased by Jason he would have made a better job of tapping Rob wide to win.
Race 3 was again great for Matt Neal, but story of the day goes to Paul O'Neill's 2nd place, his best result since returning to BTCC, just read he (unsurprisingly) has won the vote for the HiQ champagne moment, and was so thrilled with second. Really am expecting a win sometime this season from Paul, a bit of luck and the reverse grid for race 3 is all it will take...
Did anyone go and look at the HO scale Rockingham slot car track in the Welcome Centre? Looked fantastic, huge layout and the cars were pocket rockets!!!
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47769&pid=522031&st=0&#entry522031
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Rockingham   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 am

I saw the first race but with going out I missed the other races, the first race was a good one thought it was much better than the opening round at Thruxton, the slippy surface clearly showed who was better at car control and I have to say the Aon Focus showed how well built they are Laughing window hanging out by first corner but to be fair that was a fairly hefty whack in the door. Oh this is really getting me in the mood for Croft now I really can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Rockingham   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I saw the slot cars, track was massive
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Rockingham   

Back to top Go down

BTCC Rockingham