View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:01 am

Matt wrote:
I bet you Colin Turkington has had a right laugh to himself seeing Andy Neate 4 seconds of the pace

One of the worst thing in motorsport: pay drivers with SFA credentials.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:03 am

Sav 2 wrote:
Matt wrote:
I bet you Colin Turkington has had a right laugh to himself seeing Andy Neate 4 seconds of the pace

One of the worst thing in motorsport: pay drivers with SFA credentials.

thumbsup ten
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
ns-mitneal
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:16 am

Chilton looking good for tomorrow on that basis, as is Plato.
Back to top Go down
Lord Aston
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:14 am

I know this is nowt to do with BTCC but a distant cousin of mine did very well today in Formula Renault UK and I know that this follows the BTCC around so I'm a bit happy tonight.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:18 am

Good stuff mate, alot of the time the support races are the stars of the show
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 am

Fabrizio's Back.

Disapointing start for Fords. Plato and Neal came together on the last corner. What a surprise Laughing Was nobodys fault though.

Just watching support races until race 3.
Back to top Go down
ns-mitneal
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 am

Good race weekend all round this weekend, heres hoping for some more like it!
Back to top Go down
Lord Aston
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:47 am

I missed last BTCC race but was pleased with the result in Forumla Renault UK. Keep this up Harry.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 am

I found all three races a tad drab and unspectacular compared to the usual BTCC ding dong. Not sure if it had anything to do with the season opener not being at Brands Indy, but the racing seemed a bit lacklustre for BTCC.

Just what can you say about Matt Neal? If this guy gets banned from BTCC for ever, I won't shed a tear. WTF was he doing cutting across the chicane and hitting Collard? Sorry, am I the only one who thought that Neal just cut the chicane and hit Collard?

Did Neal just think that Collard would move out of the way? He had passed Kahne, albeit by cutting the chicane - and drove straight into Collard. This is not racing, this is dirty, disgusting driving. He should be given a 10 place grid penalty at least. Fabrizio Giovanardi was just class, he didn't even have a drive on Thursday - and leaves Thruxton as the points leader. Cool

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 am

Sav 2 wrote:
I found all three races a tad drab and unspectacular compared to the usual BTCC ding dong. Not sure if it had anything to do with the season opener not being at Brands Indy, but the racing seemed a bit lacklustre for BTCC.

Just what can you say about Matt Neal? If this guy gets banned from BTCC for ever, I won't shed a tear. WTF was he doing cutting across the chicane and hitting Collard? Sorry, am I the only one who thought that Neal just cut the chicane and hit Collard?

Did Neal just think that Collard would move out of the way? He had passed Kahne, albeit by cutting the chicane - and drove straight into Collard. This is not racing, this is dirty, disgusting driving. He should be given a 10 place grid penalty at least. Fabrizio Giovanardi was just class, he didn't even have a drive on Thursday - and leaves Thruxton as the points leader. Cool

It was dirty but Neal once again plays the innocent card, How he can blame Collard for that is beyond me, Yes ok. Matt got pushed wide by Kane but wouldn't just cutting the chicane -maybe going ahead of Collard but dropping back into place be better then retiring from the race all together.

I know I won't be sad when I see him retire, I know Plato isn't the cleanist of drivers but with Plato if he takes somebody off it's normally due to revenge. Not just sheer stupidity.
Back to top Go down
ns-mitneal
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 am

The racing was a bit less lively than usual, but I cant help but question whether its just because it was the season opener.

Dissappointed still by the Fords... was hoping for far far more from them today!

Matt Neal though once again shows how dodgy a driver he can be at times, watching it I can see the argument of little space to go anywhere, but I do still think he could have avoided it, either that or learn from Plato to be honest about hitting another car!
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 am

Yes the fords let me down as well. The punctures for each car did sort of ruin their day, With them both having to start from near the back in race 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah was a bit disapointing today I missed the 2nd Race saw 1st and 3rd was out during the 2nd, I feel it was all due to it been the first round and no one wants to go wrecking the car before its really got going hope Rockingham proves a better race, as for Matt Neal oh dear he's just continuing where he left off just crashing into anyone he sees fit really then goes NOOOOOOOOOO wasn't Meeeee he drove infront of me and hit My CAR, but the Honda does look a good car, just want more action next meeting
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Think there was a bit of oil on the chicane, it caught a few out.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Got back at 11 last night, watched the F1, and will watch the races today. Had a good weekend, Saturday have quite a few heavy showers, but at least it didn't rain all day. Yesterday weather was good, very warm in the sun, was down to a t shirt for part of the day, whilst most of the crowd seemed to be wrapped up in big coats etc...must be the wussy southerners Rolling Eyes
None of the races were stunners, but race 2 did have quite a few drivers charging from the back of the grid, Watched from the complex, no real incidents there surprisingly, maybe best behaviour on the opening day, or just saving it for the chicane.
Great for Fabrizio, 2 race wins is a great start and hopefully will secure the funds for a full season. Was surprised the Cruze seemed to struggle, guess RML lacked the data that 888 had for set ups etc.
Paul O'Neill did a great job, saw him at the end of the day, he was well chuffed. Andy Neate was disappointing, battling with Martin Johnson isnt where a WSR BMW should be. Turkington's name is still on the WSR transporter and Collard said his car is in the workshop so hopefully he may get some funds to run from Rockingham.
Rob Huff had a great weekend winning all 3 races in the G50's. The Porsche field is huge and lots of battles through the field.
Rockingham in 3 weeks cheers
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:04 am

The funny thing about Matt Neal and the Neal family, is that they squealed and moaned like hell when Collard bumped Neal off at paddock hill bend in 2005. Suggesting that Collard was some kind of crook and it was intentional. Collard got disqualified from that race if I remember. And they did the same thing when that pile up occured at the hairpin at Brands a couple of years back.

After that, Neal has got dirtier and dirtier in his driving - playing the innocent card on a frequent basis. It makes him a total hypocrite, I cannot believe he actually tried to blame Collard yesterday. Did anybody notice what the safety car was yesterday? I'm sure the Porsche Panamera Turbo is a lovely car, but it had a lot of excessive body roll in the corners. Stick to a 997, not a luxury saloon!

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 am

i was a big matt neal fan (and got both barrels a couple of times for it), however i'm not any more the mans a dirty cheating bleep.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Matt's move was ridiclous. Have to say tho that honda looks great and was fast. Still cant belive the amount of flat tyres. havent the teams leant from the last few years.

Looking forward to rockingham, is Gio gets the drive full time i think he will be champion again Sad

Andy Neate in the championship winning car lol! What a poor showing
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Andy Neate in the championship winning car lol! What a poor showing

Battling John George and Martin Johnson isnt exactly where a WSR car should be, even Stephen Jelley wasnt that far back when he started with WSR.
Matt Neal still thinks its a video game where you can bash cars aside to make room. I'm with CT on this one, as a privateer underdog he got a lot of support in the Super Touring era and a lot of people were well pleased with the Donington win for £250,000 in 1999, but since he's been in a front running or championship car he has adopted the knock em off tactic too often to get past. Surprised to see him and Plato talking at the end of race 2 though, thought they hated each other.
Back to top Go down
HorsePower
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 am

I was actually surprised when Neal and Plato actually DIDN'T argue on TV and were actually quite nice to each other after that... though that was quite clear cut who was in the wrong, even if both got away with it to a certain degree. I WAS expecting the usual classic fireworks offtrack between those two. Still more of a fan of Plato than Neal though.

Fab did a great job, I'd be surprised if sponsors aren't banging down his door to secure him a seat for the full season.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:30 am

Hmm, the reports here don't seem too good. I just booked my Rockingham tickets - finances have allowed my first touring car event for bloody years. It better be better than Thruxton. Wink

In truth, I don't give a stuff. I'm more interested in watching Formula Renault but it should be a good day out and it's less than an hour for me from Cambridge. Smile
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:35 am

Hmm, that seems like a quiet weekend for motor racing doesn't it...

...NASCAR Talladega live, woops, on second thoughts maybe not.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:39 am

Good stuff Laker, you'll have a great time. I'm going along, got mates from Liverpool coming down so that should be good.

Your right Sav, motogp and wsbk (that you dont watch), btcc and DTM. Quiet ish day
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 am

Yep, don't watch World Superbike but do watch Moto GP. But isn't that in Japan anyway? You know what that means. Rockingham is a track I want to visit, never been to one of these ovals. I'll give you and laker a shout if I go.

No F1 on that weekend, so thats a major incentive for me. I'll leave early though, cannot miss cars flipping and 30 car wrecks at Talladega.

Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:11 pm

If its anything like the last 2 years the gate dosent actually open till 9am anyway, u have to wait outside
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Thruxton   

Back to top Go down

BTCC - Thruxton
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next