F1 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:27 am

I rather like the game, I havenít played the game an awful lot. I picked Lotus as the team I was starting my career with and only driven in the practice session. The cars feel and sound a lot more realistic then previous F1 games, the wheelspin noise that the cars make under hard acceleration is amazingly identical to real life.

Also, there is a clear difference between cars. The Lotus feels slow in the corners due to the lack of downforce, the Red Bull feels super planted and stable Ė just like in real life.

The 2010 Bahrain layout is dreadful and seriously boring, the middle sector is pointlessly fiddly with no opportunities to overtake. From trying out Time Trial mode, Singapore is a fun circuit with all the 90 degree corners. You really have to be on your ball to avoid spinning, at least I find. Itís not a case of mashing the throttle whenever you like Ė like in previous F1 games. And thatís realistic, because at slow speeds F1 cars wheelspin in real life.

The way that the grip levels increase as a session goes on is deeply impressive, and the grip levels can be clearly felt when you brake or corner. I havenít played a racing game that has that sort of realism. Everything is very official too, from the trackside advertising to the correctly named tyre compounds.

In summery so far, this is a game that I think I can have a lot of fun with.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 am

i quite like this game. I pick virgin for my first team

first of all the weather system is brilliant. i just done a race in monaco and it full wet at the start and i had to be fully alert. it end dry and i stayed on full wet just overtook lewis coming out as he was coming out of the pits and i held him of for 3laps (just)

I got it set on medium i think.... some of the kerbs in some places like spain are mental finish 15th with about 90spins racing with a wheel going over kerbs makes alot of noise.

smith wrote:
Some drivers are absolute bastards to try and overtake, mainly Massa and Kubica

tell me about i kept going warning for causing a collison.

the game is going but it can be improved.

You can tell the game has been done by anthony davision, everything i try to overtake a car i make it crash Razz pirat Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:47 am

there are some huge bugs in this game,

i am having some major issues with the game Sad

some people are on legendary setting with all aid's off & are winning in HRT's & Virgins, yet me in my Lotus can only reach 11th with a lot of the aid's turned on, found this on the official Codemasters forum,

Quote :
The AI seen driving round the track bares little relation to the times posted.

Proof
Just raced on Bahrain and started in sixth. At the end of the 1st lap i was second. My lap time was 2:03. Webber was in first, he was at most a second a head on track yet his lap time was 2:00. The big issue was Kubica. He was 3rd, yet his lap time was 1:59. This is impossible. There is no way that on the first lap Kubica can go round the track 1 second quicker than Webber, 4 seconds quicker than me and still end up in 3rd at the end of said lap.

If the AI we see on the track are not posting the lap times and just populated like cars in GTA that would explain lots of the issues I have with the game

No split times - cause the AI isnt actually lapping

Strange AI pit stops(questioning whether the AI has made a pit stop)

No penalties for the AI

This game is a time trial with the AI just there to act as blockers of the racing line. The AI difficulty isnt how well they drive just how aggressively they defend the racing line. Should really have expected this from a game based on a rally engine

Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 am

Just got a 3rd in the Lotus, the press conference afterwards is awesome Cool

RE. the bugs, havent really seen any until the race i just got my 3rd in, i swear Barichello (1st place) didnt stop scratch
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 pm

i think that with the above quote is that every game is different, so in effect there is no consistency between peoples copy's, there is no way that some can win straight from the off in a HRT & others cannot get anywhere in a Ferrari.

t seems that people using wheels are finding it easier, one thing i notice now is that every demo of the game that have been on video etc it's been shown using a wheel, where as Forza 3 for example i saw the dev's playing it at a desk using the gamepad.

i have deleted the game & am going to start again,

Admin

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:15 am

i am at Bahrain again in the lotus & i'm not doing to bad, 7th & 5th in first two practice sessions, at the end of session two & it's raining Shocked so i am taking this opportunity to get some running on inters & rain tires, however i did my fastest run on slicks in the rain a 2:02:772 Smile

my set up is,

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 5
Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Pressure: M
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Gear 1: 77 mph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 95 mph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 112 mph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 129 mph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 148 mph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 167 mph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 188 mph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/A
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.20
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear: 0.29

got the Lotus on pole in Bahrain with a 1:59:394 !

the pit bloke went crazy

i won First
i had to hold Vettel off for about 5 laps, he kept overtaking me on the straight though, but i could over take on the second corner, or even drive round him on the outside of the first, then he pitted, but then i had Alonso right behind me all the time Mad he didn't overtake me on the straight though he always tried on the inside of the first, all i did was try to keep the racing line, but in the last but penultimate lap he drove into the bake of me & broke his front wing off Razz just before the final lap he pitted, that gave me the breathing space i needed otherwise i would have gone off knowing that i was about to win bounce

i'm not sure what has happened, though Suspect

Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:32 am

Well i have just been racing at China in my career, put the thing 2nd on the Grid (Q1 and Q2 were dry, but then it pissed down for Q3 Shocked ) and was running 2nd a couple of seconds behind Alonso, we both pitted on lap 7, and the fucking team put Inters on my car, despite the fact it wasnt raining. So basically i had a chance of winning (Was going onto the softs for the last 4 laps so i would of caught Alonso) until the team screwed me over Evil or Very Mad I crashed pushing too hard, it seems Inters dont work well on a dry track Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:40 am

you can change the tire set up apparently, hmm saying that not sure in a race, when i was doing practice it rained so i tried both inters & wets, the pit bloke said it was perfect weather/conditions for inters, i think this may be how it work's in the race though, they are looking into a patch regarding the tires though as wets are to grippy in the wet apparently Razz

don't you allow flash backs ?

i have two available, just encase of random punctures etc

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:26 am

I find it quite easy even on Hard difficulty. The thing I hate is the set up for online gaming.

How hard was it for them to at least show which server was open and which one was currently hosting a race. Countless times i've clicked to enter a race only to find I can't get in.

Also for the time trials surely having 2 separate leaders boards couldn't be that hard to make. 1 for the times without Aids (TC,ABS etc) and the other one for drivers with all that turned on.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 am

Smith wrote:
, and the fucking team put Inters on my car, despite the fact it wasnt raining. So basically i had a chance of winning (Was going onto the softs for the last 4 laps so i would of caught Alonso) until the team screwed me over Evil or Very Mad I crashed pushing too hard, it seems Inters dont work well on a dry track Rolling Eyes

i had the same problem.....i was racing somewhere i think it was spain. i was messing around the tyre selections and i went in for the stop and they put primes on i was already on them so i had to go for softs with 4 laps to go or something. the team really don't tell much about the weather.......
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 am

People are modding the pc version already to make it harder lol!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 am

I found it hard to be interested in the Bahrain GP, the new layout is just so snoozish. Sleep Finished 6th in that race though in hard mode with all the driver aids turned off.

I just finished the Australian GP, what a difference it makes racing on a genuinely interesting circuit - loved every minute of it.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:35 am

Yeh I think the Australian circuit is a favourite for pretty much everyone. I know it's my favourite to drive on in the game. It doesn't take much to get the car set up perfect for it and hitting the apex's is a real buzz.

Had a few mad races online tonight. Won 2 championships between a battle with my friends and then, Finished 2nd at a wet Monaco after only 3 of us finished in the end.

Still get the usual knobs trying to take you off at every moment,
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:18 am

Sav 2 wrote:
I found it hard to be interested in the Bahrain GP, the new layout is just so snoozish. Sleep Finished 6th in that race though in hard mode with all the driver aids turned off.

I just finished the Australian GP, what a difference it makes racing on a genuinely interesting circuit - loved every minute of it.

It's my current favourite too. Mind you, I've only done 4 races so far in career mode driving for Lotus. Rolling Eyes

Driven round it in the Red Bull as well. That car is a demon. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:03 am

The difference between cars is impressive, just like in real life the braking distances are much shorter and cornering speeds are much higher in a car like the Red Bull or a Mclaren-Mercedes.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:05 am

coming to the end of my season with virgin(pile of **** car) but i beat alonso to the title and i am off to ferrari Cool
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 am

nice job

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 am

i had run of 9 race victories monaco to monza, then Singapore came everything has just gone wrong. i kept going with the wrong set up's which really annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 am

Although at least it is harder to win a race in the extreme mode, it is disappointing how easy it is to win a race in a Lotus in hard mode.

Has anybody driven the Korean track? The first sector has a colossal straight which should be good for overtaking, I like the two high speed sweepers in the middle sector. The final sector is a bit forgettable and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 am

don't talk about korea race, i had shocker of race there Sad but i do agree.

i am in ferrari now just done bahrain race.....TWO puncturea in the race couldn't belive it. i had the last lap to do on 3wheel lucky i had big enough lead. i really like abu dhabi as track.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am

have this, and went straight into extreme hardness from start, on 100% game mode. So 2 hr races, found has no in game save, so Geoff crammonds GP is still the best in my book.

Finding it hard as a lotus driver to get anywhere in bahrain and crash too much!

Also with uni work I have no time to play atm Sad.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am

Oh and would like to see safety car periods, like the old f1 1999 game!
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:03 am

Part of my request was heard...

had to delete off laptop, took up too much space. F12011 will be too high tech for my lappy Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010   

Back to top Go down

F1 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2