One for Sav

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 am

I think GT3 and GT4 cars represent something that GT2 or no other specification of car can offer. They allow gentleman drivers to purchase a fully-prepared racing car for the price of a road-going supercar with technical help and support. Buy a BMW Z4 GT3 from BMW Motorsport for 200,000 and you get a brand new race car with support from BMW at the racetrack (take a look at BMW Motorsport's website). It's a more accessible type of spec of car.

How would one know exactly how much a new LMP2 car costs? I remember seeing an older specification of a Ginetta LMP2 car advertised at 700,000 in the Autosport classifieds. But before you say that's dodgy Autosport, it was Ginetta's own advert. Razz If that is second hand, then a brand new one must at least 750K or 800K - that doesn't strike me as particularly cheap if we are comparing a GT3 car to an LMP2 car.

GT3 cars to buy are way, way cheaper. But then that's logical, one is a car based upon a production car and the other is bespoke in built and design.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 am

i think we should meet up at silverstone and bring all are pennies and buy GT3 car. way forward

Z4 is unreal, i love that car, won at zolder race 1 from the back of the grid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 am

Sav 2 wrote:
I think GT3 and GT4 cars represent something that GT2 or no other specification of car can offer. They allow gentleman drivers to purchase a fully-prepared racing car for the price of a road-going supercar with technical help and support. Buy a BMW Z4 GT3 from BMW Motorsport for 200,000 and you get a brand new race car with support from BMW at the racetrack (take a look at BMW Motorsport's website). It's a more accessible type of spec of car.

How would one know exactly how much a new LMP2 car costs? I remember seeing an older specification of a Ginetta LMP2 car advertised at 700,000 in the Autosport classifieds. But before you say that's dodgy Autosport, it was Ginetta's own advert. Razz If that is second hand, then a brand new one must at least 750K or 800K - that doesn't strike me as particularly cheap if we are comparing a GT3 car to an LMP2 car.

GT3 cars to buy are way, way cheaper. But then that's logical, one is a car based upon a production car and the other is bespoke in built and design.

the bmw is quite cheap then, when gt3 started the f430 was about 340,000 iirc.

Not sure about the ginetta, it does depend what is included in the package. the biggest cost with gt3 is the updates.

p2's are cost capped for next year, less than 200k i think.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:08 pm

i've also posted in the video thread. I wanted to post it here as well. VLN season finale. I want to post it here to comment on the Mercedes SLS GT3, something I never though I'd say, what a great looking car. This is what Mercedes Racing should be doing, looks great, sounds great. One of many great cars.

Also take note of the safety car being totally ignored and the BMW M1 racing the BMW Mini lol! and so much more, breath taking.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:13 am

The SLS is just well, doool-ish in real life. Saw one at Brands Hatch for DTM, it was in red and looked too good.

Ignoring the safety car, oh dear that's terrible - there maybe a serious wreck if it isn't obeyed.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 pm

it's the nordschleife, no one cares about safety cars and i agree totally Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One for Sav   

Back to top Go down

One for Sav
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Endurance + GT :: GT Racing + Other Endurance-
Jump to: