Share | 

2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 pm

whooo ten Good list of cars can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
ns-mitneal
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 pm

looks like a fantastic line up again! Looking forward to this race now
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 am

That is a great entry list, the biggest highlight of me is the fact that BMW Motorsport are officially entering two M3 GT2's, as seen in last years ALMS.

The M3 is surprisingly loud for a modern race car, it makes an old-school sort of growl. Anybody who went to Goodwood last year will probably know what I mean. And its great to have a Jaguar competing with factory support. I saw the GT2 Jag at the ASI and it looks like a complete beast, the rear wing arrangement is is particularly interesting.

Audi will really need to pull out something special to beat Peugeot this year, the 908 was comfortably faster then the R15 last year - even when the R15 was a totally new car.

Good to see that GT1-spec cars from FIA GT are eligible, a shame to see no MC12's, but having two Ford GT's is a welcome addition. As for the Mansell's, I'm pleased about Nigel racing. But what has his sons ever done that is so great? They rely far too heavily on their farthers name. Leo or Greg Mansell should go to USF1. They are currently looking for a dire driver with loads of financing backing.

Seriously though, this is the best Le Mans grid in years - the diversity of the cars is superb (especially having BMW and Jaguar).

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:03 am

Mansell aiming for future Le Mans win
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81276

Right...when all the manufacturers and diesel cars have decided not to race Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am

The only problem with th gt1 cars is they'll probably be beaten by the entire gt2 class.
Back to top Go down
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

cerca_trova wrote:
The only problem with th gt1 cars is they'll probably be beaten by the entire gt2 class.
Except the Jaguar Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:25 pm

willyj wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:
Except the Jaguar Twisted Evil

lol!
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:59 am

Absolutely cracking line up, gonna be some great racing throughout the whole field. Will be cheering on the Drayson team again, the man is an absolute inspiration and Jonny Cocker is a seriously talented driver too. Good to see Jaguar back at Le Mans, no doubt they will get plenty of support from the Brits despite the Americans in the team. Can't wait to head off to France now tbh, it's gonna be a belter.

Wonder if the JLOC car will last more than a lap this time around too....
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:35 am

I like the Jaguar but it got alot of work after its performance at laguna.

I am hoping the Drayson team do well great team.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 am

I really hope the Mansells do a good job. I don't know much about Leo and Greg besides the fact they've never made it in the sport despite having a fampus dad (unlike messrs Piquet, Rosberg, Villeneuve and Hill), but I grew up idolising Nigel - his only equal was Senna in my eyes. I have reservations about Nigel doing it however as his main skill was driving the wheels off a car as opposed to looking after one for 3 hours at a time. He'll probably blow it up at the start, or crash it. To be honest, he should just concentrate on getting the thing to the finish.

Mansell = God Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Gregs not to bad, but Leo is relatively slow.

At the lms race at silverstone nigel did about an hour, Lawrence tomlinson did about a hour and then left in tomlinsons helicopter leave Greg to do the last 4 hours alone which he did quite well.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 pm

cerca_trova wrote:

At the lms race at silverstone nigel did about an hour, Lawrence tomlinson did about a hour and then left in tomlinsons helicopter leave Greg to do the last 4 hours alone which he did quite well.

Don't think they left after 2 hours m8. i got Nige's autograph during the race, just before he was getting into the car for a 2nd stint.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 pm

maybe 3 hours, they left greg for while (they came back for the finish).
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 am

Laker wrote:
I really hope the Mansells do a good job. I don't know much about Leo and Greg besides the fact they've never made it in the sport despite having a fampus dad (unlike messrs Piquet, Rosberg, Villeneuve and Hill), but I grew up idolising Nigel - his only equal was Senna in my eyes. I have reservations about Nigel doing it however as his main skill was driving the wheels off a car as opposed to looking after one for 3 hours at a time. He'll probably blow it up at the start, or crash it. To be honest, he should just concentrate on getting the thing to the finish.

Mansell = God Smile

True, thats why his sons should do most of the driving. Mansell usually only used to do flat out, at the limit in Grands Prix - and not much else.

As for the Jaguar's entries Britishness. I would say its half American, and half British. Half British, because the engine and chassis have been made in the UK - significant parts. But, the team is based in America, racing in an American championship (ALMS) with almost all American employees, and the GT2 Jag is being tested and developed in the USA.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb   

Back to top Go down

2010 Le Mans Grid Announcement - 4th Feb
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2