HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 AMR name squad for FIA GT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 5668
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Flitwick, Beds, UK

PostSubject: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am

Presumably, if dates don't clash, the drivers are all available for the LMP1 car in LMS and for The Great Race?

Poor choice of colour scheme. There are an awful lot of red and white Nissan's competing. What's wrong with a bit of BRG?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 5668
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Flitwick, Beds, UK

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:00 am

They will be ok for le mans, i would assume lms dates are all ok
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 3796
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 30
Location : Maidstone, Kent

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 am

Yep there is like a 2 month gap in both LMS series for the great race.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 am

willy wrote:

Poor choice of colour scheme. There are an awful lot of red and white Nissan's competing. What's wrong with a bit of BRG?

+ 1, the Sumo GT-R at Autosport show had almost identical colours. Personally, it should be BRG like the original DBR9 - that looked pukka. But I suppose apart from Brits, nobody cares about BRG, I suspect barley any are sold in the colour. Sad

This world championship schedule is brilliant: http://gt1world.com/calendar.php?season=2010

That's ace, the cars will be great around the Abu Dhabi track - it is a very wide track and plenty of opportunities to barge. Durban will be totally fantastic, its about time FIA GT had a completely silly and inappropriate street track. And what can you say about Interlagos and San Luis?

I'm watching...

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:08 am

the dbr9's have never been british racing green. they are feltham grren iirc which is different.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:16 am

Ah yes you're right, BRG is darker. But green does suit Astons, even if few customers order Astons in that colour.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 5668
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Flitwick, Beds, UK

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 am

That calendars out of date to my knowlage, SA, brazil and san luis are all gone, replaced by Enna??????????????

I'll look into it
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:54 am

M71TT W wrote:
That calendars out of date to my knowlage, SA, brazil and san luis are all gone, replaced by Enna??????????????

I'll look into it

that was the gt2 calendar
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 5668
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Flitwick, Beds, UK

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah your right, my bad, tho Abu Dhabi has moved back 2 weeks from orginal date
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:38 pm

cerca_trova wrote:
the dbr9's have never been british racing green. they are feltham grren iirc which is different.

I just want to know which idiot decided that the Aston Martin Young Drivers Team should race in red on white Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:13 am

willyj wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:
the dbr9's have never been british racing green. they are feltham grren iirc which is different.

I just want to know which idiot decided that the Aston Martin Young Drivers Team should race in red on white Rolling Eyes

The same person who thought that white looks cool and trendy on cars, when in actual fact, apart from Porsche's and BMW's, it looks wankish.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 5668
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Flitwick, Beds, UK

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:49 am

New Focus RS looks good in white, better in lime green
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:37 am

Sadly in the real world, it gets dirty after even a short drive. Porsche and BMW's look good in white, because there motorsport cars are usually white - its tradition. I just find the whole obsession with white cars a fashion fad, like how silver was. Then in a few years time, white will be the colour of satin and be about as popular as a HIV infection.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:07 am

Sav 2 wrote:
willyj wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:
the dbr9's have never been british racing green. they are feltham grren iirc which is different.

I just want to know which idiot decided that the Aston Martin Young Drivers Team should race in red on white Rolling Eyes

The same person who thought that white looks cool and trendy on cars, when in actual fact, apart from Porsche's and BMW's, it looks wankish.

Civic Type R is cool in white.

Aston Martin definitely uncool in white.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 5668
Join date : 2008-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Flitwick, Beds, UK

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:18 am

willyj wrote:
Sav 2 wrote:
willyj wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:
the dbr9's have never been british racing green. they are feltham grren iirc which is different.

I just want to know which idiot decided that the Aston Martin Young Drivers Team should race in red on white Rolling Eyes

The same person who thought that white looks cool and trendy on cars, when in actual fact, apart from Porsche's and BMW's, it looks wankish.

Civic Type R is cool in white.

Aston Martin definitely uncool in white.

V12 Vantage is stunning in white
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 am

M71TT W wrote:
willyj wrote:
Sav 2 wrote:
willyj wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:
the dbr9's have never been british racing green. they are feltham grren iirc which is different.

I just want to know which idiot decided that the Aston Martin Young Drivers Team should race in red on white Rolling Eyes

The same person who thought that white looks cool and trendy on cars, when in actual fact, apart from Porsche's and BMW's, it looks wankish.

Civic Type R is cool in white.

Aston Martin definitely uncool in white.

V12 Vantage is stunning in white

Maybe, but it is NOT COOL No
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 am

Good point, but the Honda Type-R cars are in white because Honda's traditonal racing colour is Grand Prix white - as used by Honda in the 60's when they entered F1. The Integra, Accord etc Type R models all therefore suit white.

But white Astons, white Bentley's, white Rolls-Royce's, Ferrari's, Mercedes, Range Rover, Lamborghini etc all look crap in white. White is the colour for dentist reception walls and white goods. Laughing

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:36 am

Sav 2 wrote:
Good point, but the Honda Type-R cars are in white because Honda's traditonal racing colour is Grand Prix white - as used by Honda in the 60's when they entered F1. The Integra, Accord etc Type R models all therefore suit white.

But white Astons, white Bentley's, white Rolls-Royce's, Ferrari's, Mercedes, Range Rover, Lamborghini etc all look crap in white. White is the colour for dentist reception walls and white goods. Laughing

Actually I wouldn't mind a white Range Rover Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:42 am

You chav! Wink Laughing Wink Make mine Dark Blue. Razz

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 am

Sav 2 wrote:
You chav!
Embarassed Embarassed

Luckily I drive a Subaru Cool
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:21 am

A silver Forrester is a perfectly gentlemanly car William!

You haven't got a white Impreza with gold wheels for something. Laughing

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director
avatar

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2008-07-23
Age : 60
Location : Rural Buckinghamshire, close to High Wycombe.

PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: AMR name squad for FIA GT   

Back to top Go down
 
AMR name squad for FIA GT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Squad & Athlete Links
» ATV Quad Squad
» POKER RUN to benefit the ANDERSON COUNTY RESCUE SQUAD
» Pro12 News; Zebre Name 39-man squad for 2012/2013 season
» Cardiff Blues Squad

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Endurance + GT :: GT Racing + Other Endurance-
Jump to: