View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Stu_H wrote:
Well here is my view, which wont be popular with some.

To get lapped at Daytona takes some real effort. Cars are pretty much flat out with only a slight lift of the throttle, you can keep ground by drafting and the lap is a long one compared to most other ovals.

Danica has the best equipment, but she still managed to be lapped. She lost the draft and was complaining of the car pushing, but didn't try any other lines to compenate for it other than riding the yellow line. She got back on the lead lap then crashed in a pileup.

Things may get better, however I doubt they will. Not many people complain about handling issues at Daytona or a plate track, next week at Fontana could be a disaster.

Also it bugs the hell out of me that we missed changes in the top 5 who were all closely bump drafting to follow her round in 34th.

All the media coverage just turns me further against her I am afraid and I am now at the point where I hope she fails miserably and just sticks with riding round in the midpack of Indycar. Then we can get proper coverage of Nascar racing back, thank god she isn't in the 500!!

Couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:56 am

Steven_85 wrote:
Stu_H wrote:
Well here is my view, which wont be popular with some.

To get lapped at Daytona takes some real effort. Cars are pretty much flat out with only a slight lift of the throttle, you can keep ground by drafting and the lap is a long one compared to most other ovals.

Danica has the best equipment, but she still managed to be lapped. She lost the draft and was complaining of the car pushing, but didn't try any other lines to compenate for it other than riding the yellow line. She got back on the lead lap then crashed in a pileup.

Things may get better, however I doubt they will. Not many people complain about handling issues at Daytona or a plate track, next week at Fontana could be a disaster.

Also it bugs the hell out of me that we missed changes in the top 5 who were all closely bump drafting to follow her round in 34th.

All the media coverage just turns me further against her I am afraid and I am now at the point where I hope she fails miserably and just sticks with riding round in the midpack of Indycar. Then we can get proper coverage of Nascar racing back, thank god she isn't in the 500!!

Couldn't agree more.

+ 2.

When praise is due I'll give it, when criticism is due I'll give it. She did very well in the ARCA race. Sorry, Danica was very mediocre in the ACTUAL NASCAR race. She was 40 seconds and one lap down at one stage. She had the best car out there, whilst I didn't expect her to win because of her transition to stock cars, but to be at the back says a lot about her real ability to drive a stock car in NASCAR.

I'll say this again, Danica is more about marketing then actual ability. The media coverage proved that, if she wasn't female, would GoDaddy and whoever sponsors her, take a second look at her? She has SFA in terms of results, except one fuel mileage IRL race. I truly don't see what people see in her, what has she achieved, that makes her worthy of a Hendricks car? At least when the media in the UK loved Lewis Hamilton, he had a first class rookie record and started performing straight away.

Danica is totally the opposite, great for marketing and bringing interest to NASCAR, but it stops there. Its like putting Brad Pitt in a NASCAR, of course's he's going to attract a lot of attention and gain many sponsors. Its not sexist or discriminatory, she simply hasn't got the track record to justify her seat in Hendricks.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 am

It's basically David Beckham on wheels, and she is a woman. Which I admit I love looking at her but I don't want to hear about her every single minute. This is just one weekend, We have another 30 odd weeks of this.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:51 am

Steven_85 wrote:
It's basically David Beckham on wheels

Brilliant mate, thats exactly what it is
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 am

Oh what a shock, Danica has announced that she'll drive full time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and run selected Cup Series races. She may also race in the Indianapolis 500.

Quote :
Danica Patrick will enter full-time NASCAR competition next year with an entire Nationwide Series title for JR Motorsports, plus a partial Sprint Cup schedule with Stewart Haas Racing.

Following months of speculation about the future of the IndyCar star, Patrick announced on Thursday that she will leave open-wheel racing behind in order to commit to a future in NASCAR with Dale Earnhardt Jr's team, for which she has competed sporadically this year.

Patrick will also enter between eight and 10 Sprint Cup races with Stewart Haas Racing, with the season-openning Daytona 500 expected to be her first attempt in NASCAR's top tier. The 29-year-old American also said her goal was to make the jump to full-time Cup racing in 2013.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93932

Goodness me, the thought of Danica driving a car with a bumper to wreck people is scary. She's going to get into so many arguments and paybacks, I'll be sitting back and watching the fireworks erupt.

IndyCar just went bust (sadly).

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 am

She's going to get wrecked lots
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:14 am

This is good news! i am glad for her. i hope she does well.

I don't get to see nascar but i think its a good series. Sounds are good and the mad things they do is good lol
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 am

MotorracingP wrote:
Sounds are good and the mad things they do is good lol

That's the whole fun of it, few other series exist where you can pay someone back and get revenge and receive no penalty - it's encouraged.

Danica said that she became attracted to NASCAR because of the bumping at Daytona. Sadly for her apart from two tracks, all of them are downforce tracks where braking and a lift off the throttle are needed.

It's going to be really interesting once she starts running Cup races, she will get bumped around a little bit as a newcomer. In IndyCar she used to get mad at somebody blocking her, now she'll have a bumper to move them out of the way...

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:40 am

I find NASCAR and it's pack of penalties boring. The have at it rules just does do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 am

That's what does it for me, I get pissed off when somebody gets dumped in another series by accident, and you just know the responsible driver is getting a default penalty - regardless of what happened. Its amazing, but human beings drive these race cars - and they make mistakes, get upset or get emotional. That human side is allowed to be shown in NASCAR.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:

It's going to be really interesting once she starts running Cup races, she will get bumped around a little bit as a newcomer. In IndyCar she used to get mad at somebody blocking her, now she'll have a bumper to move them out of the way...

Perfect for Danica.....when she gets a annoyed at someone she just stright take them out. crashing
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 am

There was an interview with Danica Patrick before yesterday’s IndyCar race, she was asked whether all the extra road/street courses in IndyCar influenced her decision to go to NASCAR – she responded with “pretty much”. Not surprised, despite that Danica started out racing on road courses – she is much more competitive on IndyCar ovals.

Just a thought, Dario Franchitti and Sam Hornish Jr both struggled in NASCAR – despite having/had deeply impressive open wheel careers. Danica hasn’t won anything apart from a fuel mileage race; so how is she going to up stack with 300 horsepower more, a much more brutal and competitive field and a much heavier car?

Despite she will be driving in excellent equipment with a great team, Dale Jr also drives for a great team but he hasn’t won a race since 126 races ago in 2008.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:27 am

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94396

i'm ignoring the autosport bit

Danica could do with beening biten by a radio active racing driver, it might give her some talent.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 am

Danica's just pissed off because she'll suck on the Motegi road course, and may have been decent on the oval.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 am

http://www.rpm2night.com/threads/danica-patrick-feeling-the-brazilian-heat-in-japan.3661/

“She doesn’t remember – that’s the problem. She only has short-term memory,” Kanaan said. “She isn’t good enough to drive like a Brazilian. She doesn’t have the talent. I don’t want to talk about Danica Patrick any more. I stand by what I said before.”

When Tony Kanaan says that about someone (and he's the nice guy of indycar) you know the person reciving it is talentless scumb.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:59 am

Danica is a talented race car driver; I probably couldn’t do her job very well – especially juggling two totally different racing vehicles. But as I’ve always said, her talent is way too overhyped. In terms of victories, all she has won is a fuel mileage race at Motegi. She maybe great in NASCAR, who knows? But if somebody else had the career stats of hers, she wouldn’t even be on the radar for top-line seats in NASCAR.

The company that manages her has done an amazing job of marketing the brand that is Danica Patrick. At the time when Danica-mania erupted, IndyCar was very weak and they milked her for all she was worth – therefore promoting Danica Patrick as IndyCar made sense. Only problem is, is that NASCAR has a hugely competitive field with so much talent on a different scale compared to IndyCar.

As for “driving like a Brazilian” – what on earth does “driving like Danica” mean then? Crashing, throwing a tantrum and being slow? She hardly has authority to insult others!

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:28 am

Danica is on pole for this years Daytona 500 Smile

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:43 am

Indeed, full Daytona 500 starting line-up can be viewed here: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2013/story/_/page/01-Daytona-Qualifying-Lineup

That was a really impressive lap, although it can't be said that Daytona 500 qualifying is the trickiest part of NASCAR driving. I suspect that since Danica was quick in practice, the 10 team has been optimising the car for a qualifying lap. Nobody really cares about qualifying on a restrictor plate track, as it's pointless - she could be 10th by the end of lap 1.

This new Gen 6 car makes restrictor plate racing interesting again. Rather than merely bumping cars along, the drivers have to intelligently use the "pockets" of air to make passes.

Roll on the Daytona 500. Alan, Danica is also racing in the Nationwide Series next Saturday. Smile

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am

Danica always seems to do well on the big tracks, her best races in IRL were at the Indy 500.

yeah i know, i have to try & pick up a stream Wink

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 am

Anyone see the Nationwide crash that just unfolded?

I've seen anything like it, an engine got ripped out and was laying in the grandstand, along with a tyre. Fans were sadly injured. Vicious accident.

I pray for all those injured. Sad

Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am

Pretty scary stuff. Shocked

It reminded me a bit of the Edwards crash at Talladega a couple of years ago, when he got turned around not that far from the finish, and air got underneath the car sending it into the catch fencing, tearing it apart in the process.

It seems to be a common problem with that type of catch fencing. It played its part in the crash at Las Vegas that killed Wheldon, and its done so again here, though thankfully it seems not on the same fateful scale.

Hopefully those injured make a good recovery.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 am

yeah looked pretty bad, there is a amateur video here that is blocked on YT http://goo.gl/gNtCf

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am

Horrible looking crash

Great result for Parker kligermann though.

Are Daytona and Talladega to dangerous?

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:31 am

no more dangerous that any other track, motor-sport is dangerous it always has been & always will be.

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:17 pm

It was a shocking crash. In one fan video, the tyre from Kyle Larson’s car was sitting in the grandstand. Sadly, some fans have been seriously injured – although they all seem stable.

Last time I saw an engine got ripped out of a car was at Pocono a few years ago, with Elliot Sadler. However, an engine sitting in a grandstand is a new scenario.

Ironically, the crash was caused by a similar block like the Talladega crash was. Regan Smith blocked the 22 car, which turned the 7 car sideways – with nowhere for everyone else to go.

I’m not sure about the aftermath. Yes, catch fencing must be looked at. As too many IndyCar crashes have shown, cars get tangled up in the fencing, which is almost as dangerous an accident itself. Kenny Brack’s crash at Texas is a real demonstration with how dangerous the current catch fencing is.

Much like how the SAFER barrier has saved lives and prevented serious injuries, there needs to be a new type of catch fencing.

Jeremy Aardvark wrote:

Are Daytona and Talladega to dangerous?

Perhaps so, although NASCAR will never remove the superspeedways. Restrictor plate racing will always be extremely dangerous, because every driver is in a box. Nobody can overtake properly, and cars are constantly nose-to-tail – and sadly the pressure cooker bursts.

Restrictor plate racing is a lot like the old IndyCar oval racing, where it’s hard to create differentiation, everyone runs the same speed, and it’s hard to make a defined overtake. Anybody can win a restrictor plate race, which is part of the problem. Handling or car doesn't come into it

The flip side, is to remove the restrictor plates – but then the cars would be going 240 mph +, and NASCAR won’t accept that.

Although I have more general reservations with plate racing, it was a freak accident, in my opinion. As restrictor plate racing goes, this wasn't a typical pile up, with the way that the 32 car got sent into the grandstand.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   

Back to top Go down

NASCAR 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next