Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: NASCAR 2013   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 am

Quote :

Danica Patrick set for Nationwide part-season

Danica Patrick has announced she will run a partial NASCAR Nationwide Series season in 2010 for JR Motorsports, starting with the season-opener at Daytona.

The IndyCar star will drive the #7 JR Motorsports Chevrolet with sponsorship from GoDaddy.com in a yet to be determined number of races, having signed a two-year deal with the outfit owned by Rick Hendrick and Sprint Cup star Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Patrick's stock car race debut will take place on February 6 in the ARCA RE/MAX Series at Daytona, before entering the Nationwide Series race a week later at the same venue, in what will be her first NASCAR-sanctioned event.

full story here --> http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80490

Very Happy

hope she does well & gets a few podiums at least bounce

Last edited by Big-AL on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 am

I really wish her well, but I think getting into a fight with Deny Hamlin is more likely, or whoever else she pisses off. And unlike in IndyCar, if somebody is annoyed with Danica, they will push her off the road. Danica is an okay driver, but is not good enough for NASCAR.

If Hornish cannot grasp it and is a mobile chicane, what will Danica be like? Franchitti also tried it, and failed. And is Danica better then Dario?

She runs well in IndyCar quite often, and that is the only racing that she should do.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 am

Yep, the NASCAR boys won't cut her any slack - she'll be in the wall more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 am

Danica was the highest placed American in this years overall IRL standings.

she has thought about it a lot & i doubt she would go into it if she thought she would be crap, she has a good NASCAR team & more than enough funding, the Nation Wide is just a test to see if it would really work, if she can do as well in NASCAR as she does in IRL she would become a SUPERSTAR Like a Star @ heaven

she could end up winning the Daytona 500 in NASCAR & then go onto win the Indy 500 in IRL this season whooo w00t

gets me how people can say she is crap, in what way is she crap ?

she has beaten the other drivers fair & square in the same equipment
she does three even four times the amount of media/sponsor stuff at race meetings than the other drivers do
she has ten times the pressure to perform than the other drivers
everyone is watching her waiting for her to make a mistake
she can race consistently
she nearly won the INDY 500 on her first go & has just missed out on the win since then

if they do start ramming her into the wall, they want to be careful because the fans do not like cheats & the NASCAR officials will know that many more people will be watching & will NOT want it to be seen that the guys can run her off the road & get away with it !

if you look at the image below they won't be able to catch her anyway as she looks tiny next to the NASCAR, thus she is very light compared to them fat guys driving it will be as if the car has no driver & the weight placement can be put in places in the car where it will give her a advantage !

GO GO GO Danica, fooking give it to them !!!!!

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am

i hope she does good.

She looks lovely in front of the Nationwide car.

i like danica she is good character to have in racing. i normally have her on board camera on indycar.com when races are on.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 am

Quote :
Danica was the highest placed American in this years overall IRL standings.

Hardly a great achievement, IndyCar's best drivers, by a mile are foreign. Like Franchitti, Dixon, Kanaan, Briscoe and Helio. Few North American drivers even want to be in IndyCar, so stating that she was the highest finishing American isn't great, when you look at the situation. The best of America have gone to NASCAR.

Quote :
she could end up winning the Daytona 500 in NASCAR & then go onto win the Indy 500 in IRL this season

What makes you think that? Next year, she is only competing in the Indy 500. Danica is not contesting any Sprint Cup races, therefore not the Daytona 500. Nationwide series is the equivalent of GP2 in Europe for Formula One.

Quote :
gets me how people can say she is crap, in what way is she crap ?

Nobody on this board at least, has said that.

Quote :
she has beaten the other drivers fair & square in the same equipment

Only because Andretti-Green had a poor driver line up this year, with the exception of Kanaan. Beating second-rate, crap drivers like Marco Andretti and Mutoh can not justify her move to the biggest motorsport series in America. Kanaan had truly crap luck this year, and Danica has won nothing this year Lets see Danica compete against Franchitti and Dario, the best of IndyCar. How can she go to NASCAR, when she hasn't mastered IndyCar yet? Tell me what she deserves, to be in the best NASCAR team? What has she won?

Quote :
she can race consistently

Depends on how you interpret that. On ovals, Danica in IRL is decent and can consistently finish in the top 10. But on road courses, she badly struggles and is lucky to make the top 15.

Quote :
she nearly won the INDY 500 on her first go & has just missed out on the win since then

Again, that stat isn't great. And she never nearly won the Indy 500, she led the Indy 500. But so what, loads of drivers have led and almost won the Indy 500. Its winning that matters. Its amazing how nobody is remembered for purely leading the Indy 500, and only cares about the winner. But its okay with Danica, further proof that her gender is getting her where she is today.

Quote :
if they do start ramming her into the wall, they want to be careful because the fans do not like cheats & the NASCAR officials will know that many more people will be watching & will NOT want it to be seen that the guys can run her off the road & get away with it !

LOL you need to watch more NASCAR races. If Danica starts hitting other drivers and wrecking them out, then those drivers will just her pay back and ram her off. NASCAR isn't going to modify its self-policing driver approach just to suit Danica. Montoya got in loads of crashing sessions in his early NASCAR career, and NASCAR didn't care.

This is not F1, where you touch somebody else and you get a massive penalty. I'll give you an example. Brad Keselowski and Denny Hamlin in the Nationwide series got in a bashing match. Brad wrecked Denny out, so in the next race, Denny wrecked Brad into the wall. All NASCAR did, was give him a drive-through penalty. Maybe Danica will be calm in NASCAR, who knows. But when somebody does something that annoys her (like 08 Indy 500), she cannot go off in a huff and stamp her feat. She'll have to behave properly. And no, that isn't sexist. Many women and male drivers have had perfectly reasonable temperaments, so there is no reason Danica can not.

Danica will have to get used to a series where all the attention is not on her, quite simply. I really don't why people feel the need to dig out every conceivable statistic about Danica, because none of them are that worthy of note.

It all boils down to watch she has won. She has only ever won a single motor race in her whole life, and that was a fuel mileage race last year. What really grates me, is that her list of victories does not increase, yet her opportunities increase. And that is all because, she is a female. What other reason is there? If Danica was a male, would she get all these opportunities? Or would she be just another average driver, who has won barley anything? Worth thinking aboutÖ

In principle, Danica is no better then all these drivers who only progress because of there marketability.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:27 am

so what you are saying is that 99.9% of racing drivers are shit because out of the thousands of drivers who have competed in top end motor-sport only 0.1% have won a actual race & you could also argue that most of the drivers who have won a F1 race or championship have only done so because they have had the best car thus talent doesn't come into it.

Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:37 am

Big-AL wrote:
so what you are saying is that 99.9% of racing drivers are shit because out of the thousands of drivers who have competed in top end motor-sport only 0.1% have won a actual race & you could also argue that most of the drivers who have won a F1 race or championship have only done so because they have had the best car thus talent doesn't come into it.
I think Sav's saying that she is ok but nothing more. The fact is she has won 1 race in, what, 5 seasons? It's hardly the mark of a great driver who deserves better opportunities than others.

This is a list of the races that drivers have won in open wheeled races in America (not including F1): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Championship_Car_winners

Danica is down towards the bottom and there are a ton of drivers (Buddy Lazier and Scott Sharp stand out) who deserve better opportunities than Danica. Granted there aren't many Americans, but still..... it's not like there aren't many Americans in NASCAR. I guess the choice is between a good foreigner(Dixon, Kanaan etc), an American male(Lazier, Sharp etc) or Danica. It's obvious who is easiest to market but it's very hard to argue Danica would be the most competitive or "deserving" of this chance.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

yes there are better drivers out there than Danica & i'm not denying that, its the constant negative comments (not here but everywhere) towards her, it seems strange that people can be negative against Danica, when people go Very Happy Ooooo Bruno Senna is coming into F1 bounce i hope he does well etc ! why does he deserve a drive in F1 & Danica doesn't ? she is a better driver than Bruno is & Bruno has done nothing to prove he is anything other than ordinary & he is only in F1 because his last name is Senna so he only was given chances because of his name, at least Danica is trying her best & putting her neck on the line by going into NASCAR because she doesn't really have the physique for racing by way of strength or due the female body & the issues that the safety belts cause but she doesn't complain she just get on with it & all the male drivers she beats can say is that its not fair on them because she is lighter than they are so he ballast can be spread to her advantage.

Sav's comments above are only a few paces away from Bernie's feelings towards Danica (female race-drivers) "women belong in the kitchen" (or words to that effect)

PS, i hope Bruno doesn't score a single point (with the new points system i dunno though Rolling Eyes must have brought this change in for these new below average drivers) or even qualify for some of the races for that matter !

same of the drivers in F1 Hammy only won the title in 08 because he had the best car, this year when the car was poor he didn't have the skill to make up the difference, Button only won because he had the best car early on, & Hammy was picked up by McLaren when he was what 10 years old then given a top car straight away, supported throughout his teen racing years to ensure he had the best car & equipment etc, if this were to happen t a girl maybe there would be a woman in F1 but there is no chance of that when you get people like Bruno sponging off their family name.

as for Danica's temperament, MS stormed into DC's pit to punch him in the face for taking him out of the race at Spa, as for NASCAR crashes etc of course that will be watching out if they drive into her deliberately because they know the spotlight will be on them.

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:26 am

Quote :

Nope, the majority of the best drivers of top flight motorsport have actually proven there amazing abilities in lower categories, and that is why they make it to F1, NASCAR, IndyCar or other top series. There is an argument that the car makes the majority of the difference, and fair play - to some extent that is true. But, its easy to tell who are the best drivers in any series. Because of course, its how a driver uses there car is what makes the difference between average and brilliance.

Quote :
I think Sav's saying that she is ok but nothing more. The fact is she has won 1 race in, what, 5 seasons? It's hardly the mark of a great driver who deserves better opportunities than others.

This is a list of the races that drivers have won in open wheeled races in America (not including F1): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Championship_Car_winners

Danica is down towards the bottom and there are a ton of drivers (Buddy Lazier and Scott Sharp stand out) who deserve better opportunities than Danica. Granted there aren't many Americans, but still..... it's not like there aren't many Americans in NASCAR. I guess the choice is between a good foreigner(Dixon, Kanaan etc), an American male(Lazier, Sharp etc) or Danica. It's obvious who is easiest to market but it's very hard to argue Danica would be the most competitive or "deserving" of this chance.

Yes, indeed, that was the point that I was trying to portray. Danica has proven flashes of great speed in IndyCar. But, the fact still remains, she has not beat the best of IndyCar yet, not even close. Franchitti, Dixon, Kanaan and others are far better then Danica. It seems odd that Danica has not beat them, yet she gets to drive for the best NASCAR team.

Lets concentrate on the sole issue of this NASCAR drive, and nothing else. What has Danica achieved, that is so special, that warrants her place in NASCAR? Is the move to NASCAR based on her abilities, or is it more based on her gender, her ability to attract interest and her sponsorship money? Would a male driver, with the same driving record as Danica, get this opportunity to drive a Hendricks car? Worth considering......

Quote :
Ooooo Bruno Senna is coming into F1 i hope he does well etc ! why does he deserve a drive in F1 & Danica doesn't ? she is a better driver than Bruno & Bruno has done nothing to prove he is anything other than ordinary & he is only in F1 because his last name is Senna so he only was given chances because of his name

Is she? Let me check, Danica has only won one race in her whole life. Where as Senna, has won 2 F3 races, and 3 GP2 races in his career. So already, that is better then Danica's record. Senna finished as runner-up in GP2 in 2008 and in British F3, Danica has never finished as runner-up in any series in her life. No, Bruno's record is not startling, but it is certainly better then Danica's.

I agree, Bruno's sir name has played a big part in his success in finding an F1 seat. But, at least he has credible results to back himself up. What does Danica have, apart from a fuel mileage IRL win?

Quote :
Sav's comments above are only a few paces away from Bernie's feelings towards Danica (female race-drivers) "women belong in the kitchen" (or words to that effect)

Naturally, I disagree. The main theme of my argument, is why Danica has got the opportunity to drive top-line IndyCar's and drive for the best NASCAR team, when she has barley any credentials to show? I have no issue with women drivers at all, the gender for me is not important. Michele Mouton was an incredible rally driver, who won many WRC rallies. But, one has to consider, whether Danica's gender has helped her get all these sponsors and all these top-line cars. Can you tell me seriously, that Danica's gender has nothing to do, with her gender and consequently, her ability to attract significant sponsorship?

I fear that a number of people, automatically use the sexist card, when confronted with a situation that might suggest that female racing drivers do not get there opportunities mainly based on talent. In order to ignore the other personís argument that is being given, regardless of how fair or logical it may be. Itís an easy way out, to say the other person is sexist and doesnít like women. I mean, why donít you respond to my argument about Danicaís poor record, and her marketability, and whether she deserves all the opportunities she gets?

Quote :
same of the drivers in F1 Hammy only won the title in 08 because he had the best car, this year when the car was poor he didn't have the skill to make up the difference, Button only won because he had the best car early on, & Hammy was picked up by McLaren when he was what 10 years old then given a top car straight away, supported throughout his teen racing years to ensure he had the best car & equipment etc

Fair point, but you cannot manufacture raw talent. No matter how much a driver has been mentored and trained. You either have it, or you donít. Hamilton has won every single junior series that he competed in, in karts, Formula Renault, won the F3 Masters Formula 3 Euro F3 and GP2. Hamilton was a cut above the rest in junior series, and it is for that reason, that Mclaren decided to give Hamilton a shot in F1. That seems fair to me.

Danica has had the same opportunities, in terms of teams (AGR, now Hendricks in NASCAR), but what has Danica ever achieved in her early career, compared to Hamilton? As for 2008, Hamilton did indeed have a very good car, and that played a big part in his success in his championship-winning year Ė there is no doubting that. But, if your average, you donít finish more then a minute ahead of everybody else in the soaking wet, record times that are more then two seconds per lap then your rivals in the wet at Monaco, or go from 15th to 7th at Monza with break taking overtaking in the process. Can Danica do that? His raw talent was clearly evident in 2008.

And this year, Hamilton ever actually had the best car, even in the second half of the season. But, he maxamised the performance of the Mclaren and took it to places that it should have never been. Such as, finishing 4th in Bahrain, with an inferior car, and driving superbly in Singapore to win, even though he did not have the fastest car. You cannot manufacturer results or talent like that, it comes from with in. Yes, Mclaren have played a big part in Lewisís career. But critically, Hamilton has consistently achieved superb results, that makes him worthy of the opportunities he gets.

I cannot say that about Danica.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:27 am

Bruno only got the opportunities in the first place because of his name & look how many F1 races have been won because of the fuel strategy.

Hammy was in the right place at the right time, if the other drivers at the track where Hammy was signed up by McLaren were given all the funding & best cars/drives they would be just as good as he is, yes talent does come into it, but with the right teachers & nurturing a small amount of talent can turned into a bigger one, if you are given rubbish equipment then you are at a disadvantage, this is what happened to Danica when she came to the UK to try other racing series & because most of the racing in USA is on ovals the change to circuits is a lot harder, that's why the top four drivers in IRL are at the top because being foreign meant that when they were learning they didn't just drive on ovals.

why shouldn't Danica try out NASCAR if her sponsors will fund the drive ? she must have had some tests in a NASCAR to see how she would run, because she isn't going there to make a fool out of herself, credit where credit's due, she is out there risking her life just as much as every-other driver on the track, even Hammy is only where he is because of sponsorship & marketing, you can deride drivers being sponsored as much as you like but thats how it works, however some drivers are prepared to draw a line as far as i know Danica has always stated she won't be sponsored by tobacco companies because she is a role model to young people however this didn't stop Michael Schumacher being paid twenty million a year by Marlboro.

Danica is the highest profile female race driver that there has even been, she is mixing it in a sport where she is at a disadvantage due to her physiology, lots of girls are now taking up motor-racing because of what Danica is doing & maybe just maybe one of these young women who are taking it up because of Danica will be good enough to make it into F1 on merit, i see little reason why Danica's results should be backed up because there are people out there who want her to fail & as far as i can see she is the best female driver in open-wheel racing at the present time & no matter what she does or how well she does people will always knock her back, for one thing she has kept IRL in the spotlight & indirectly funded throughout the years when it was split up & could easily have gone under.

there will only be one driver people will be cheering for in NASCAR this season & thats Danica, & i for one hopes she does well.

PS, Milka Duno could also be moving into NASCAR http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80547 !

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Milka in NASCAR? Please no, she was 5 seconds a lap slower then the field at Sears Point in IndyCar. Shocked Dire driver, another sponsorship driver.

Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

The name Tommy Byrne springs to mind after reading some of those comments. Back in the day when Senna was in FFord, he was the man winning the titles and people have no doubt that he would have gone on to great things had he got a decent drive in F1. In the end his career fizzled out but he is proof that you need more than talent to get anywhere in motorsport these days.

Personally I think Danica will do alright as there are some god awful drivers in Nascar and I know she is better than any number of those.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:50 am

True, there are terrible drivers around that are male and talent is not the only factor. But the question remains, if Danica was not female, would she be able to jump into the best machinery, on the basis of only one victory?

Depends on how quick Danica is to learn too. Sam Hornish, for example, was amazing in IndyCar, and is still struggling in NASCAR. Only JPM and Ambrose have really impressed in NASCAR, but has Danica won championships, and is she on the same talent level? Hmm....

Marketability is important, but even in DTM, both car makers clearly want a female. That is again, based on gender, whatever way you look at it. If that were the case of males, people would rightly be outraged. I think at the moment, some women drivers are showing signs of potential, but it is only potential imo. And not much more. The only women to have truly impressed as a driver in her own right, regardless of gender, is Mouton, the Audi rally driver.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:33 pm

you just need money to get to f1 nowadays, weather thats sponsors or a rich dad it dosen't matter.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 am

I think i've worked out why Danica is suddenly going to Nationwide and Nascar

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/pruett-triple-stint-1215/

Simona de Silvestro who almost won atlantic this year.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:53 am

good to see another in there Smile

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Nice, a mild mannered female who doesn't screech to get attention.

Quote :
racked up five wins

Four more wins then Danica's overall.

Patrick to skip Daytona Nationwide: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80612

I can see the logic in that, because I suspect the team Danica to get used to the basics of stock cars, before taking on the best. But on the other hand, if she wants to truly compete in the Sprint Cup Series in the future against the best, then I would have thought competing against them, and learning from them cannot be that bad. After all, its like saying you don't want to make a debut in F1, because there are too many experienced F1 drivers!

I still think Danica is mostly about marketing, though. One IndyCar win, and she jumps into the best NASCAR team.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Simona was second fastest in the most recent indycar test only beaten by EJ Viso on a lap that was very out of control. Pride getting in the way me thinks?
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:50 am

Well that's typical tbh, no man wants to get beaten by a female and that is the way that it has always been. I'm sure that will perhaps change in the future. Also Pippa Mann has signed up for another season in Indy Lights, which is good news for her. The number of females towards the upper echelons of the sport is increasing slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:11 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 am

M71TT W wrote:
Danica's nationwide races confirmed

whooo

good luck Danica

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 am

Apprentley the car number that has been entered for Daytona is the same as Danica's, but its unclear whether Danica will drive or somebody else will. Daytona would be an excellent lesson for her, in terms of learning how to bump draft and change lanes - with all those Sprint Cup drivers participating.

Last edited by Sav 2 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:27 am

She might get a few welcomes tho dont you think, out on track
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:46 am

Absolutely, and thats why I want her to enter that specific race. About 20 Sprint Cup guys are entering, that will be a REAL lesson in stock car racing. Apparently she was fast in testing, so lets see her speed against some of the best in the business - or rather not. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2013   

Back to top Go down

NASCAR 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next