HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jo Brian
Wheel Man

PostSubject: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 am

Le Mans 24 Hours winner, David Brabham’s Racing4Charity Celebrity Karting Challenge will exclusively return to the Karting Show at Autosport International 2010 by popular demand, to offer the biggest and best event yet.

Legends from the historic annals of the Le Mans 24 Hours are just some of the motor racing stars joining forces to support David Brabham’s annual Racing4Charity Celebrity Karting Challenge, held within Autosport International at the NEC Birmingham on Friday 15 January.

British racing legend and five-times Le Mans 24 Hours victor Derek Bell will join Brabham, 2009 winner of the historic French endurance marathon and American Le Mans Series Champion, as Race Director for the Celebrity Karting Challenge.
Bell, the triple Daytona 24 Hours race winner and Formula One veteran will be visiting Autosport International especially to preside over the racing antics of some of the sport’s best drivers, in the event staged from Autosport International’s famous Live Action Arena for the first time.

The fantastic new platform promises to deliver the best event yet, with Malaria No More UK set as the principal beneficiary charity after Brabham was recently confirmed as Special Ambassador for the cause.

Bell commented: “It is with great excitement that I take up the role of Race Director for the Celebrity Karting Challenge in January. This event attracts motorsport stars of all levels and I particularly enjoy the company of the upcoming young stars of our sport, as they are such fun to be with. I have not been to Autosport International for many years so this will be a very special visit for me."

Joining Bell and Brabham will be an array of sportscar stars. Le Mans Winner Guy Smith and Audi Sport duo Dindo Capello and Emanuele Pirro have already announced their intention to support the event. Mazda ace Marino Franchitti is also confirmed alongside fellow ALMS drivers Paul Drayson, Johnny Cocker and Rob Bell. Even the voice of Le Mans and sportscar racing will be in attendance as John Hindhaugh from www.radiolemans.com joins the Celebrity Karting Challenge as the event presenter.

Aside from the Le Mans contingent, the Celebrity Karting Challenge is attracting stars from the karting ranks to the highest echelons of the sport to form over 20 teams comprising of four celebrity and two paying public drivers.

The original ‘Karting Guru’ Martin Hines — the triple FIA World Superkart and multiple FIA European and British champion who invented the indoor karting concept in the 1980s, is confirmed alongside Bentley Test Driver Stefanie Gork Ruiz-Herrera, Robin Liddell, Gordon Sheddon, Tim Harvey, Matt Neal, Louise Goodman, Bradley Ellis and Ollie Hancock to name a few. The event is also attracting celebrities from outside the sport, such as Neil Primrose, drummer from the band Travis.

“To have Derek Bell presiding over the Celebrity Karting Challenge is a real privilege and the level of support from high profile racing drivers from across the sport has been staggering,” said Brabham. “Hosted from Autosport International’s Live Action Arena for the first time, the 2010 event is shaping up to be the best yet. With a great new TV package also secured, I hope this year’s race will raise valuable awareness of the work of Malaria No More UK and help raise vital funds for the charity.”

Raising £92,000 in the previous two years alone, the 2010 event promises to eclipse all others in aid of Malaria No More UK with practice, qualifying and the 90 minute endurance race to be held on a specially constructed kart track within the Live Action Arena.

Members of the public have the rare chance to race alongside a glittering gathering of stars, in what is the only event of its kind, for just £300. The charity entrance fee also includes two entrance tickets to Autosport International, on what is an exclusive trade day. Book your public place now by contacting Bill Williams at bill@racing4charity.com or call 0044 (0)7712 578263.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 am

Just bought my tickets for this event. Can't wait now.

Was not planning on going but i thought ah what the heck? Was searching e-bay and if they are genuine tickets got myself a bargain. If not i can get the money back

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:17 am

Interesting to note that the organisers do not give discounts to customers if they book in advance. So that means I can make a decision if I want to go, right at the last minute - and not loose out on possible discounts.

Great line up of drivers, autograph hunters dream. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Mike Ell
Wheel Man

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 am

I ll be going on the Sat and Sun....

Sav 2 wrote:
Yupp..... And the German Test Driver Stefanie Gork Ruiz-Herrera is coming to the show! germanyflag

Whatever anyone might think about women in racing, or Stefanie Gork personally, the bottom line is, she’s a talented driver with attitude, competiveness and hard work ethic!
Back to top Go down
Mike Ell
Wheel Man

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 am

....... and looks damn good love
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:46 am

Mike Ell Welcome to the Forum thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:42 am

Sav 2 wrote:
Interesting to note that the organisers do not give discounts to customers if they book in advance. So that means I can make a decision if I want to go, right at the last minute - and not loose out on possible discounts.

They were giving out BOGOF codes m8, they were for the £29 tickets

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:05 am

vingt quatre - 24 wrote:
Sav 2 wrote:

They were giving out BOGOF codes m8, they were for the £29 tickets

Thats great m8, was that the seller on ebay? If the organisers did that offer, I'd book right now.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:07 am

The organisers did that at BOGOF m8, this is how i think the seller off of e-bay got his.

But i paid £29.75 for 2 paddock tickets that should of been £74, so very happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010   

Back to top Go down

AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1