2010 Superleague schedule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: 2010 Superleague schedule   Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:35 am

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79646

That actually is a pretty decent schedule, I wonder if these events are actually popular? Because from what the TV cameras show, the grandstands are empty. Perhaps the person bankrolling it has more money then sense? Still, good tracks there.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 am

A round at Brands sounds good, hopefully a few more teams get involved next season and perhaps some better drivers too. I have to admit the way they do qualifying is a pretty good idea imo.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Brands round pencilled into my 2010 calendar... I reckon that could be a fun weekend...

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:02 pm

what was i was saying about autosport, btw the calendar is a fake and does not represent the real calendar.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:32 am

cerca_trova wrote:
what was i was saying about autosport, btw the calendar is a fake and does not represent the real calendar.

Well that's not Autosports fault, other websites published it too. It came from Superleague themselves.

Two questions about the Brands Hatch event:

1. Brands GP track has a certain number of days that the GP section can be used, so is another existing series going to be sacrificed for Superleague.

2. Won't Superleague be boring around Brands, where will they overtake? A1GP was completely dire around Brands Hatch, I don't see how Superleague will be any better.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:22 pm

they do seem to be able to overtake on tracks where everything else can't, apparantly I haven't watched a race but i here there is some very good racing.

Such a shame it's not a real motorsport
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:15 am

Football! does not work in motor racing. I don't like seeing football teams in racing BUT the cars do sound nice.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:05 am

cerca_trova wrote:
they do seem to be able to overtake on tracks where everything else can't, apparantly I haven't watched a race but i here there is some very good racing.

Such a shame it's not a real motorsport

I hate the thought of Motorsport and Football mixing but I have enjoyed watching soem of the reason this season, Am ashamed to admit it.

The racing from Estoril and Spa was worth watching. A lot more then some F1 races this season IMO.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:24 am

Depending who is driving sign me up for Silverstone and Brands Suspect

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:21 am

I must say, the Superleague cars do sound epic. But I hope its more of a success then A1GP, because under the football concept, its just another open wheel series. But, I suppose football is vastly more attractive to the general public then nation v nation.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm

where do you get that idea?

now whats the thing where lots of running and jumping happens every few years isn't that nation verses nation in a way.

A1 should have been a touring car series with more than 1 seat per nation. So there could be 5 team spain drivers.
Back to top Go down
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:59 pm

cerca_trova wrote:

now whats the thing where lots of running and jumping happens every few years isn't that nation verses nation in a way.

A1 should have been a touring car series with more than 1 seat per nation. So there could be 5 team spain drivers.

In the Olympics, though, the runners and jumpers etc. are the best the country has to offer.

I suspect that if A1GP had attracted Lewis Hamilton to drive for GB, Alonso for Spain, Schumacher for Germany, Webber for Australia etc. etc. it would have seemed more attractive, but - let's face it - to the population as a whole who the hell are Olly Jarvis and Robbie Kerr??

For a large percentage of the population motorsport IS Formula 1... I bet if I asked in the pub who'd heard of Jenson Button most if not all would have done, if I asked who'd heard of Dario Fanchitti they'd probably all scratch their heads, and if I said "Jamie Green" they'd look even more bemused.

Whilst we might think that the combination of football and motorsport is a bad thing, if you think of the way that football fans tend to work it is actually quite sensible. In the same way as people have heard of Jenson Button they've heard of Liverpool, Man Utd., Real Madrid, AC Milan... I suspect that negates some of the problems A1GP have with the "who the hell is driving?" because the brands are so familiar.

We have a "Team GB" in many disciplines, only a very small number have mass market appeal.

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:45 pm

seanmiller wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:

In the Olympics, though, the runners and jumpers etc. are the best the country has to offer.

I suspect that if A1GP had attracted Lewis Hamilton to drive for GB, Alonso for Spain, Schumacher for Germany, Webber for Australia etc. etc. it would have seemed more attractive, but - let's face it - to the population as a whole who the hell are Olly Jarvis and Robbie Kerr??

For a large percentage of the population motorsport IS Formula 1... I bet if I asked in the pub who'd heard of Jenson Button most if not all would have done, if I asked who'd heard of Dario Fanchitti they'd probably all scratch their heads, and if I said "Jamie Green" they'd look even more bemused.

Whilst we might think that the combination of football and motorsport is a bad thing, if you think of the way that football fans tend to work it is actually quite sensible. In the same way as people have heard of Jenson Button they've heard of Liverpool, Man Utd., Real Madrid, AC Milan... I suspect that negates some of the problems A1GP have with the "who the hell is driving?" because the brands are so familiar.

We have a "Team GB" in many disciplines, only a very small number have mass market appeal.

Sean

you make an extremely good point

Quote :
For a large percentage of the population motorsport IS Formula 1

Shows how inaccurate the wisedom of crowds is!
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:33 am

seanmiller wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:

Sean

Bang on mate, 100%.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:27 am

Indeed, fully agreed Sean.

The difference between the British team in the olympics and Team GBR in A1GP, is that the olympics team feature the very best of Britain. I cannot honestly say that Robbie Kerr represents the best of Britain, and is famous to the average person. So that just means all A1GP is, is yet another junior open wheel series. None of the drivers want to be in A1GP, they are their for the same reason that drivers go to F3, GP2 etc - to improve their racing skills and progress to higher categories.

I don't like Superleague, but 'AC Milian', 'FC Porto and 'Liverpool' are far more recognisable and worthy to the public then 'A1GP' with Robbie Kerr. The football brands are so strong, that they have the potential to create interest regardless of who is driving. Saying that, I still cannot picture the average football fan going to a motor race - but its more likely then A1GP's proposition.

Whether its wrong or right, Formula One is the only type of motorsport that the general public will watch.

Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:33 am

The Superleague cars look great, when i was in Liverpool a couple of months back they had the Superleague car in the Liverpool club store Cool Just thought i'd mention that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:33 am

ffotball fans at a motor race would get a shock, something interesting is happening (btw sorry to football fans, a little bit sorry)
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:37 am

Smith wrote:
The Superleague cars look great, when i was in Liverpool a couple of months back they had the Superleague car in the Liverpool club store Cool Just thought i'd mention that Laughing

Good promotion that, lets see if any more Liverpool fans attend now!

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 am

Remember when Newcastle United Sponsored the Lister Storm Wink Wink

Those days are long gone.

Maybe to promote the Liverpool car they could throw in free beach balls Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Superleague schedule   

Back to top Go down

2010 Superleague schedule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1