Share | 

BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 am

BTCC hits Brands Hatch for it's finale on the GP circuit for the first time since 2005 (i think). Colin Turkington leads Fabrizio Giovanardi by 13 points with Jason Plato a further 15 behind, giving him an outside chance of the title, and with all their WTCC experience of the Lacetti expect RML to be pacesetters as their car has been the fastest in the last few rounds.
No James Nash this time (no budget) and there have been a few rumours linking Clio Champion Phil Glew to the 3rd WSR BMW, as Anthony Reid hasnt exactly shone in it.
Will be there for the weekend, hope the weather is ok as camping again. Anyone else who's going and fancies meeting up PM me and will see what we can sort, hoping to be on the inside of Druids for race day as long as the access bridge is open.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:25 am

I am looking foward to it, I haven't been to a BTCC race in years. I'm leaving straight after the Japanese Grand Prix (great timing!). To meet up, I've always found the diecast shops (Grand Prix Legands, Pitpass etc) an awfully convenient place to meet. I don't know if you can make it their at any point of the day but it would be good to meet. I have your mobile number from a while ago as well, as long as it has not changed since 2007. Smile

I hope all the Vauxhall's have a crap day, what a nice send off. Then Turkington and BMW win. Razz

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:32 am

Chilton and the Focus are on pole! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79211

Hopefully Chilton gets a rubbish start and Plato wins. Smile I can see Vauxhall deploying dirty tactics against Turkington. Sad

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 am

cheers cheers Ford Focus on Pole. cheers cheers

I doubt Chilton will still be there by the 3rd corner as somebody will take him off Sad

It's sad when you know it's the last event of the year. It's gone by quick.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:16 am

Those three races were some of the most sensational I have seen in motorsport. Plato in race 1, that was quality. The Focus was the faster car for almost all the race, then Plato got a good slipstream up to Clearways, forced Chilton to go off the rcing line and Plato sneaked up the inside and it was effectively a drag race from there - awesome.

Race 2 was amazing again with so much action, Glad Plato bumped Chilton off at Druids, he was slowing everybody else up then quickly fell back to around 8th. Plato drove a great weekend to win all three races.

In race 3 Vauxhall deployed their suspected dodgy tactics, what was Matt Neal doing? That slowing down and bunching up the pack was far too blatant, thankfully it didn't work and Turkington managd to get second - but Gio was third = Vauxhall sandwhich. Turkington felt he had enough of Neal's tactics and shoved him off the track at Druids, about time too.

In all this, Plato managed to win again. I'm really glad Vauxhall's tactics failed miserably, especially Neal's. Turkingon drove three perfect races without any mistakes, he was reserved when he neede to be, and aggressive when he needed to be. A very deserving champion, and BMW won!! Very Happy germanyflag germanyflag Its a nice leaving present for Vauxhall. bravo

Roll on 2010!

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:01 pm

turkington was the deservng champion ten

and with vauxhall gone, 2010 is looking superb.
Back to top Go down
Duckman
Race Driver
Race Driver

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Great news for the Turk, my favorite touring car driver in a long time.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Congrats to Colin, fantastic job all season

Had a good weekend at Brands, Saturday was really blustery and got back to our tent and it had a 4 ft rip along the bottom at the entrance as one of the pegs had come out. So we managed a bodge job for the night, but we need a new tent for next year!
Sunday went on the inside of the run up to Druids cos there's no fences to get in the way. Did try and text Sav to arrange a meet up but the damn thing wouldn't send, just kept coming up retry Evil or Very Mad
First race was pretty dull by BTCC standards, was waiting for Plato to push Chilton out of the way, but didn't happen and then he got him on the run to the line.
2nd race was a bit more like it, and Plato resorted to form to nudge Tom out of the way at Druids to win again and set the final race up to a 3 way fight.
Race 3 had plenty of action, courtesy of Matt Neal holding everyone up. Personally i think Vauxhall should have told him to go for it and let Fabrizio fight his way to the front, both Airwaves cars were victims of this tactic, with Neal getting away with taking Adam out. In the end Turks had to do a Plato on Neal and shove his way past, although he did damage his car, he held on to take enough points to be Champion as Plato became only the second man to get 3 wins in a day, and Gio was shoved to 3rd in the championship.
The Ford Focus now looks like a proper racer and should be one for the favourites for next season. Gordon Shedden was going well in the SEAT, although he picked up plenty of damage during the day.
Was good to see Matt Hamilton in the 'old' Civic hassling Johnny Herbert and getting past in race 3

Has been a great season, went to six of the ten rounds, met Steven and Paddy at rounds as well, roll on 2010, hopefully with no works teams.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:54 am

I only got to watch this yesterday due to all the other motorsport on the sunday and being at work.

Congrats to Turkington. Very worthy champion and about time. Hopefully with the end of Vauxhall Matt Neal decides to call it a day. Am sick of him trying to ruin races.

I didn't mind Vauxhall as at least it was another car. But I suppose everyone wants to watch a full grid of BMW's- How exciting.

Hopefully we see the Focus return next and put in a real challenge for the title. It has been a very exciting year and was good to meet up with BHCP. I got to 2 events this year but I want to make that 3 for next year.
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:57 am

Yep got to say that it was a cracking event at the weekend, it was the first BTCC round that I have been to for years, and thought that the quality of the racing all day was superb. Plato's move to take the lead in Race 3 is the best move I have ever seen at Brands in all my time going there, it was simply awesome.

Pleased that Turkington won the title, he has deserved it for a few years now, although part of me wanted Plato to nick it after the weekend that he had.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Steven_85 wrote:
I only got to watch this yesterday due to all the other motorsport on the sunday and being at work.

Congrats to Turkington. Very worthy champion and about time. Hopefully with the end of Vauxhall Matt Neal decides to call it a day. Am sick of him trying to ruin races.

I didn't mind Vauxhall as at least it was another car. But I suppose everyone wants to watch a full grid of BMW's- How exciting.

Hopefully we see the Focus return next and put in a real challenge for the title. It has been a very exciting year and was good to meet up with BHCP. I got to 2 events this year but I want to make that 3 for next year.

vauxhall used to cheat, nudging people off the track with no concecuence. Of course matt neal was the main evil do'er but all vauxhall drivers have done and against teams that race fairly it just ins't on, good bye and good riddance.

It won't be a grid of all bmw's either, whenever the new rules come in, rear wheel drive is banned, to form a sort of British American stock car auto series.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Saturday pix are up

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z202/boyhitscarpimp/BTCC%20BRANDS%20HATCH%20SAT%203RD%20OCT%202009/
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Sunday now up as well

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z202/boyhitscarpimp/BTCC%20BRANDS%20HATCH%20SUN%204TH%20OCT%202009/
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:16 am

Great pictures Nick. Smile

I like cheating in motorsport, its quite amusing and clever. But BTCC has proven that it can survive and be brilliant without car manufacturer backing, the battles this season have been amazingly sensational and the quality of the racing matches any BTCC season in my opinion.

A grid full of BMW's? Sounds good to me. Wink Laughing

I really do sound like a broken record, but the best way for the BTCC to attract a more diverse range of cars is to encourage existing BTCC teams to run cars like the S2000-spec Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Volvo C30 and Peugeot 407 that sometimes are for sale in Autosport - or encourage teams from series such as the Swedish series to come to BTCC.

I really like all the safety car periods in BTCC, they should keep that up. Is it me or the safety car has been deployed more than in previous seasons? Well thats fine by me, it creates better racing and we get to see that lovely Porsche 997 safety car.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct   

Back to top Go down

BTCC Brands Hatch GP finale 3/4th Oct
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1