HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Peugeot???????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 am

Ermmm! this may seem like a really stupid question, but i have not been watching the races as no sky Sad

Since when did Peugeot pull out of the LMS? or have i missed something?

I know Audi did but thought the Pug's were still involved

Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:39 am

I dunno tbh, I'm sure they said they were going to do a full LMS programme, although that may have gone out the window once Audi pulled out, but I haven't heard an official announcement tbh.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 am

Peugeot only contested the 1000 km of Spa to actually prepare for Le Mans, and without Audi in LMS I think Peugeot did not see much point of continuing. They would just slaughter Aston-Martin for the season anyway, without Audi, Peugeot had little reason to continue.

Peugeot just announced their Spa participation. There are rumours that Acura will pull out of LMP1 if they don't get genuine competition too...

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 am

Sav 1 wrote:

Peugeot just announced their Spa participation. There are rumours that Acura will pull out of LMP1 if they don't get genuine competition too...

Just announced it Laughing or was it Petit le mans Wink

I am not sure Acura will pull, If some team like Audi and Peugeot decide to enter ALMS next year it will help them stay but i am not sure. I think ALMS will pick up
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:13 am

Laughing

No, I meant just in the sense that was it was the only LMS event that Peugeot signed up too. Not 'just' in the timing sense. I cannot see Acura staying, just to beat themselves. If Audi enter next years ALMS, then I agree, they are more likely to stay.

Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 am

This may seem silly but is Sportscar Racing coming to an end again? in the sense of no one interested in entering anything, obviously all down to the economic crisis

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:29 am

I think the ACO need to sort what there doing for le mans, Its the new GT1 cars or have GT2, GT3 cars listening to a bit of Lime rock park race. I think the best way is GT2, GT3 becasue all Ratel(the Tit) wants that sort of reg for GT1

Acura is a tough call to make, droping out of ALMS means finishing off the P1 which i don't think they want to do. I mean If Audi enter next year and penkse or something...They will stay........Its tough call i mean look at corvette
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 am

vingt quatre - 24 wrote:
This may seem silly but is Sportscar Racing coming to an end again? in the sense of no one interested in entering anything, obviously all down to the economic crisis

So will pay with there Life if it happens Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:53 am

on the acura front, the cars a built by nick wirth, he's got an f1 ticket with manor for next year...

as for sportscar racing, gt2 and gt3 is the best way to go imo. the new gt1 is just awful, the manufacters don't want it and the gt3 cars are already proving there value in the alms.

factory teams, are a bit odd, the ecomemy crap is the poor excuse given by audi, they could do it, they arn't selling less cars. them not running is doing them a lot of damage in the us atm.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 am

GT2 and GT3 are the way forward Le Mans and in ALMS, it is clear to see that manufacturers are actually interested in these categories because they are cost effective and directly relevant to their business activities. The Porsche GT3 Challenge cars have been a great addition to ALMS, after all they has boosted grid numbers, they are cost effective and they are credible sportscars.

However, the situation with prototypes is less rosey. There are no two ways about it, Le Mans is a two horse race between Audi and Peogeot and when Peugeot leave, it will be a one-horse race again. There is no sense of intense rivalry in the prototype classes like in the GT classes. If Audi are getting cold feet with sportscar racing (which is possible, after all why make a new car, then only run it for two races a year?), then that will deter other potential car makers from making prototypes then. After all, look at Acura. ALMS is great, but what is the point of them racing on there own? There is no competition apart from Petit Le Mans.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 am

I agree aswell. If you look at the list of GT2 and GT3 cars Audi, BMW, Porsche Ferrari Corvette, Ford. That is not a bad list. Its like John and Dex said at Lime rock teams need a low cost way of getting in to sports car that is the way.

Acura test is a Petit le mans. If the car wins shall we say They may quit but if its last out of The Top teams, Then maybe they sohuld should some races next year to help move the car forward.

Peugeot at Petit le mans are going to be So strong the driver line up is good and i can't wait for it.

CT wrote:
the ecomemy crap is the poor excuse given by audi

There must be a reason why Audi didn't enter LMS or ALMS this year becasue Audi don't do things by half. Did they know they weren't going win....This is Audi we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:44 am

I still think that Audi was a little cocky, thinking that they would win Le Mans, especially after they beat Peugeot at Sebring. I mean why invest time and money into a new car that they knew wasn't going to win? I think perhaps Audi got bored of having little competition, and in turn thats why Peugeot decided not to contest the whole LMS season - because without Audi there is no actual competition. I mean look at Spa, the Peugeot's romped away from the rest of the P1 class within a few laps.

I think Petit Le Mans will be a good test of how far Acura has progressed with the car, but I don't think that battling against Audi/Peugeot in that sole race will determine their decision. If Audi decide to contest the whole ALMS season next year, then that may motivate Acura to beat Audi next year. Peugeot won't, because Peugeot don't sell cars in North America. But I think that Audi's and other car makers future decisions will influence Acura's. After all, they quit F1 in a hurray. The same could be done with their ALMS programe...

I agree, teams do need an affordable way to sportscar racing - and the GT3 Challenge cars have done exactly that. The GT2 class is healthier than ever, especially in America - plus with the addition of a Jaguar next year. BMW v Ferrari v BMW v Panoz v Ford v Corvette v Jaguar. Hmm, sounds pretty good to me. Smile

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:07 pm

rumour 1, the money that would have run 2 r10's is the alms is running the kolles audi r10's in europe.

rumour 2, the pulled the plug on the alsm because the ecomeny was bad, even though they were still doing quite well (in spite of it) and any glimmer of improvement and they'd be back like a shot (this hasn't happened)

rumour 3, porsche are building a new lmp1 car and being the sister conpany and part owner and part owned, the vitoed it. This rumour is made strong by penske racing in grand am "to keep the team togeather"

a little peice of history, when audi stopped racing the r8, the cars were sold or rented (not sure which) to private teams. ADT champion audi in the alms, which kept the cars running, when the r10 came in champion ran the new r10 with none of it's sponsors on the car, so when audi stopped racing it (now). There was no one in the alms to race them on there own budget.

Audi need to wake up and race in the us.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:56 am

Oh right, I never knew that. Smile Certainly Audi need to start racing in ALMS again, although I believe the R15 isn't a totally new car anyway, but a major update of the R10. Perhaps Audi is getting cold feet over prototype racing? Perhaps they got bored of racing themselves effectively for 8 years, then of course Peugeot broke that dominance. But apart from Peugeot, they had few genuine rivals.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:40 pm

they beat peugeot last year, the r15 is complete new, just about everything is new...

they beat peugeot at everything they did in 2008, le mans, lms, sebring and plm. But why there not racing who knows...?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:31 am

cerca_trova wrote:

they beat peugeot at everything they did in 2008, le mans, lms, sebring and plm. But why there not racing who knows...?

That's my point, for years Le Mans has been Audi v Audi (even with private Audi's). In ALMS there was a lot of competition. Now Porsche have left ALMS, there is basically no competition for Audi - Acura would have been a walk over. Winning something is great, but it becomes all the more important when your rivals have the same sort of budget/facilities as you. I reckon that is why Audi have decided to cut back on sportscar racing, if the situation in America for example was the same as 2008 - then it would have been worth staying.

Although last year the P2 Porsche was as quick as the Audi on some circuits, it was interesting. Until the ACO decided to widen the gap between P1 and P2 cars.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot???????????   

Back to top Go down

Peugeot???????????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1