Share | 

I have a confession and it's rather horrific

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 pm

i've been playing gran turismo 4 when i coundn't get to my pc. I was having fun as well with a mercedes amg sl65 with a big wings and over 950 horse power and now the fecking thing won't load.

What to do?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 am

Hi cerca,

try wiping the disk with a piece of issue of a cloth, if that does not work restart the machine. I can remember when my PS1 refused to load, I left it for a day and the next day it was back to normal - perhaps it just needed rest. Wink From my experience, thats all my issues with Playstations summed up i.e. not a lot.

I had lots of fun with GT4, I had a red modified Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG with 999 bhp and almost 1000 fb lt of torque. A slight amount of throttle got the rear end out, it was hilariously bad to drive. Laughing But it was amazing in a straight line. Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 am

zero Angry Shame on you Cerca.

lol! Saying that i've been trying to a buy a PS3 lately which I said I would never do, with infact GT5 Prologue included in it. I don't even like Gran Turismo since number 3.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 am

See, he secretly knows that Playstation and GT can be rather fun. Wink

GT5 Prologue is great, I could imagine that combo is cheaper now than it when it was first released. And GT5 is just going to be amazing.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:36 am

Tesco are doing the 80gb PS3 with 3 games for only £292. It's very hard to get hold of. I've been to pretty much every tesco in the North East Toung
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:39 am

cerca_trova wrote:
i've been playing gran turismo 4 when i coundn't get to my pc. I was having fun as well with a mercedes amg sl65 with a big wings and over 950 horse power and now the fecking thing won't load.

What to do?

What you doing....in the words of Clarkson " Get a hammer"!

i like GT, Its fun game. GT5 Prologue is fun uptill a point where the game needs to be out in the shops.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:58 am

it is fun, it's in no way realistic but it is fun, i'll give it a rest and see whats what!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 am

GT5 will the Bugatti Veyron: http://www.gtplanet.net/

I wonder if you can add another 2000 bhp.... affraid lol!

Stick at GT cerca, at the end of the day, no game is going to be anything like driving a real racing car, GT should stop claiming that is a similuator, because ultimately it isn't - GT is fun. I use it for a different purpose.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 pm

I like The endurance races the best. My R8 won le mans it was great car.....Hopefully the R10 will be good.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:25 am

gt is light and frothy, there is no doubt that some of the pc games are close to real racing but your right they will never be like the real thing (sims are also fun in a different way)
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:32 am

It is. It is a fun game.

THe new Need for speed looks good....

Quote :
The game is being developed using a collaborative model with some of the best racing game talent from around the world. Some key names behind the game are Michael Mann (executive producer at Black Box), Patrick Soderlund (senior vp of EA Games) and Slightly Mad Studios in London. SMS, or to give them their former name, Blimey, should be well-known to the racing crowd as the developers behind such classic racing games as GT Legends and GTR 2.

GTR 2 brilliant. It should be good game.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:48 am

MotorracingP wrote:
It is. It is a fun game.

THe new Need for speed looks good....

Quote :
The game is being developed using a collaborative model with some of the best racing game talent from around the world. Some key names behind the game are Michael Mann (executive producer at Black Box), Patrick Soderlund (senior vp of EA Games) and Slightly Mad Studios in London. SMS, or to give them their former name, Blimey, should be well-known to the racing crowd as the developers behind such classic racing games as GT Legends and GTR 2.

GTR 2 brilliant. It should be good game.

Yeh I posted a little bit about it back in June. Seems to have gone under the radar now with Forza 3, GT5, Dirt 2 etc coming out. I've had it pre-ordered for a few weeks as I want the Bmw poster you get with it. Cool lol!

I am not looking forward to online on it though, Your going to get some right numpties playing it.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am

Have you seen the Videos on the website? There great. BMW GT2, MC12

I want to play on it first before i buy it. It looks good but...Last racing game by need for speed *Cough* pro street *cough*

Only good thing about was Hindy was on it.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 am

I am so glad that Need for Speed is going back to its roots of being a genuine, rather than being a fix for car modifying junkies, but then as a result the gameplay suffers. Street racing on computer games gets boring very quickly, striving to beat your time on a lovely winding road course or country road on a computer game is far more satisfying. And the developers seem to have great credentials.

This year will be an okay year for games for me: Superstars V8, Supercar Challenge, NFS and GT5.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:11 pm

i solved the gt4/ps2 problem by replacing both (qand getting another game) for £40 quid

alot really but have 60+ ps2 games and another 10 or so ps1 games that i could play so it's worth it.

the problem now is i want a ....

ps3 with gt5 ad nfs shift

or

360 with forza 3 and nfs

the question is bread bin or circle?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:47 pm

I would purchase the PS3, partially because on whole it is a more reliable console, obviously neither are totally fault-free, but PS3 is more reliable than the 360. Plus, it plays Blue Ray Discs - which are quickly becoming more popular for film viewing - so if you ever want to buy Blue Ray Discs, just load them up on your PS3. So therefore PS3 can be used for two functions.

Plus, GT5 looks hugely impressive which could keep you entertained for a long while. Plus, you have Superstars V8 Racing. Racing games are now picking up on PS3, thankfully. I also prefer the controller of the PS3 too, it feels small and agile, where as the 360 controller feels a touch bulky and annoying to hold (IMO).

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 am

Thats a tough one.

Xbox does have it's reliability problems. Lucky for me, My mate can fix them so I get it done for nothing really, Compared to having to send it back to microsoft and waiting about 4 weeks. (This is after warranty take it back to the shop if it's still in warranty)

But xbox live is great and it's so much better then online PS3. Getting the achievement points is really satisfying.

The PS3 does have the Blue-ray player on it though. Plus if you get hold of one of the early PS3's you can play your old PS1 and PS2 games on it.

Oh and due to my work, I see my fare share of PS3's returned due to them breaking.(Infact a lot more then we have Xbox) So Sony have problems too.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 am

when my PS3 broke. The Guy said who give me an new said: they replace aleast day, So PS3 do have some problems like the Xbox.

The Best thing to do is play on both on the games you want and decide there.
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:02 am

Go for the PS3, its the future! Cool (Except for the PS4 Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 pm

ok i more confussed now than before
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:42 am

There is a second-hand PS3 here, with games for £82 with games. £14 shipping, but this is a fantastic deal considering all the games you get: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-3-80-GB-Black-Console_W0QQitemZ250479269487QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles?hash=item3a51ba566f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Personally, I would purchase PS3. From my personal experience, Playstation’s are extremely reliable, the racing game choice is ever widening, it has more technologically advanced than X Box, plus with the 80 gb model (the PS3 in the ebay link) you can play all your PS1 and PS2 games – meaning that you have a wider variety of games to play.

I prefer the packaging of the PS3 too, it looks cool and sleek where the 360 looks a tad bulky and so does the controller imo.

New or second hand, I would buy a PS3. The best way to decide which one you like, is to go into games retailers and try and have a play on both – that should help you make your mind up.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 am

Well i've done it. I've done the evil deed in joining the Sony brigade.

Bought PS3 80gb with GT5P and Dead Space (Which will be getting traded in straight away).

I will admit GT5P is a big improvement from GT4. But it still disappoints in a really big way. How come after all these years the A.I is still complete rubbish.

It's still great thrashing the ST round the tracks though, I think you need to play GT5 with a steering wheel to make it better, Maybe am so used to the xbox controller but racing doesn't seem right with the PS3 controller.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

Ahhh, so you've seen the light at last. Wink Laughing

I find the AI on GT5 damn cheeky, they bash you off whenever they feel like it. Evil or Very Mad The AI is better than previous GT games, your rivals were unaware of racing lines or defending, or making mistakes. It is better in GT5P, and hopefully better in the actual game.

GT5 is coming out this year, by the way. Smile

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:48 pm

the ai shouldn't bump into you unless you stop on the racing line, it's just not on.

i'm going x-box if and when the prize cut happens.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Maybe it's just because the cars are slow at the minute and am just not used to it.

I think the PS3 will be mostly for Blue-ray and other games IE none racing games., Where as am sticking with racing games on the Xbox. lol!

Off to town now so will be buying some more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a confession and it's rather horrific   

Back to top Go down

I have a confession and it's rather horrific
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next