Share | 

Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:55 am

The Le Mans 24 Hours are six weeks behind us and that means it is time for the third round of the 2009 Le Mans Series. All the teams will face a new challenge as the series will be racing at the Autódromo Internacional Algarve for the first time ever, in fact it is the first ever visit to Portugal. The race at Portimão will have another unique character; it will be a night race.

Friday - 31st of July

19:10 19:30 Le Mans Series Qualifying - "LM" GT1 & "LM" GT2 20minutes

19:40 20:00 Le Mans Series Qualifying - "LM" P1 & "LM" P2 20minutes

Saturday 1st August
Race: 215laps or 6hours. 19:15-01:15

We have coverage of the race

British Eurosport (19:00-20:30, 23:45-01:15)

The participants/entry list
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_circuits/s52p06_engages.php?circuit=10
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:18 am

I have to say this circuit is pretty much only a year old but it's one of my favourite ever circuits.

Ups and downs, Tight corners, fast corners. Who ever designed this circuit should do future F1 circuits.

Thought there would of been more people at the circuit.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:00 am

it's a circuit for great racing, f1 will never race there!
Back to top Go down
Midge25
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:34 am

Well my dream has come true,the two Di***ls have whacked eachother lol! crashing ,now we can have a proper race with proper sounding cars w00t whooo
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:38 am

That racing was brilliant so tight in traffic

What happen to the Audi's will happen again in the later in the race.

Haven doing a good job.

i got radio le mans untill 11:45pm

diesel car's are good but only Audi cars not peugeots germanyflag
Back to top Go down
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Pescarolo Sport claimed its first Le Mans Series victory in three years at the Autodromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Jean-Christophe Boullion and Christophe Tinseau claimed a narrow victory over the best of Aston Martin Racing's LMP1 coupes after nearly six hours of racing through dusk on Saturday evening and into the small hours. The solo Pescarolo-Judd 01 crossed the line 85 seconds ahead of the Aston-engined Lola driven by Stefan Mucke, Jan Charouz and Tomas Enge.

The Pescarolo, which had qualified only seventh, came through to second behind the AMR car in little more than 24 laps with Boullion at the wheel. The Frenchman then battled with Mucke through the second hour, before the Aston driver locked up as he came upon a slower car and spun. The Aston subsequently remained in contact through the race, despite a gearbox problem in the latter stages, but the win belonged to Pescarolo.

"Seventh place in qualifying was not where we wanted to be, but the team did a great job in the warm-up and the car was fantastic to drive," said Boullion.

The second AIM-engined ORECA 01 driven by Bruno Senna and Tiago Monteiro ended up third after a conservative run. The French team's lead entry led the early laps in the hands of pole winner Nicolas Lapierre before an unscheduled stop to fix a fuel leak robbed him and team-mate Olivier Panis of any chance of victory. A high attrition rate allowed them to come back to fourth by the finish.

LMP2 honours went to the local ASM squad, whose Ginetta-Zytek dominated the secondary prototype division with Olivier Pla and Miguel Amaral driving. Pla finished his stint a minute up on his nearest opponent and then problems for their rivals allowed the Frenchman and his team-mate to ease to a two-lap victory.

The Luc Alphand Chevrolet team won the two-car GT1 class. Patrice Goueslard, Yann Clairay and Julien Jousse easily had the legs of the Larbre Saleen, which eventually finished 18 laps behind after suffering myriad problems.

The British JMW Ferrari drivers Rob Bell and Gianmaria Bruni came from behind to take GT2 honours ahead of the Imsa Performance Porsche raced by early leader Patrick Pilet and team boss Raymond Narac.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Good to see me boys got 3rd in GT2

celebration celebration British flag

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:02 pm

It was good race.

knowing that he had a lap lead over the Lola-Aston martin. He could get in and out. but you could Christophe Tinseau was s***** him self about something go wrong in the stop.

The pace of the Pescarolo was brilliant even when he came out of the pits he was quicker.

I am glad henri pescarolo won, I hope he is doing ok after his stroke

Why didn't we get the on boards that we had today at le mans.. on board lola-Aston martin, Pescarolo, Ferrari and Ginetta Zytek....
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:33 am

For the first time ever, I actually enjoyed an LMS race. However, it was largely down to this marvellous track. The blind crests, up and down nature and the challenging corners is a breath of fresh air. And what is so great, is that despite being an interesting layout – the racing is somehow still so good. Add the blind cars with four categories of car, and you have a pretty darn good motor race! All motor racing series should race here.

I have to agree with Midge, the two Audi diesels crashing into each other was absolutely superb! lol! lol! Once the crappy sounding cars were taken out of contention, then the motor race got interesting. What surprised me, was how slow the Audi R10 has become. Yikes, even before they collided the petrol cars were running rings around the TDI’s – of course I was not complaining! I wonder how they collided.

Danny Watts must have felt Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed after his warm up lap spin, note how the mashal runs away! lol! Almost crashing lol!

The traffic was insanely exciting, some of the P1 cars going around the outside of the GT2 cars on the final corner looked scary. This race showed by that Aston-Martin Lola will never win Le Mans, I mean if the Gintetta and Pescaralo were harassing the Aston LMP1 car – it has no chance against Peugeot or Audi at Le Mans.

It’s a shame that the circuit largely contributed to the exciting racing, rather than the actual product (the series). I think LMS needs to diversify to street circuits like ALMS; ALMS street circuits are a laugh. LMS needs to become a genuinely exciting series in its own right, rather than being a glorified test session for Le Mans.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:05 am

The reason why it was exciting...one was the track and two the closeness of the cars. The Pescaralo has been getting better every year since it start and Aston martin car is brand new but nothing taken away for the Pescaralo team. The Aston martin look close on paper at le mans only becasue Audi had problems, If Audi were in the same ball park as The Peugeot They would of been many more laps down but The Aston martin can only improve.

Sav wrote:
then the motor race got interesting. What surprised me, was how slow the Audi R10 has become. Yikes, even before they collided the petrol cars were running rings around the TDI’s – of course I was not complaining! I wonder how they collided.

Radio le mans knew......and the answer is= The Gearbox shift down one too many lock the back wheels and spun the car and collected other car.

The R10 will not really get any deveoplment, If you look at 2007 the P2 porsche ran rings around the Audi but in 2008 The R10 got an Aero update and it improve the car massivly in ALMS.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:09 am

But when Peugeot first went to Le Mans in 2007, they were very fast, and did not finish too badly. And that was their first sportscar attempt in years, remember. Audi, the masters at Le Mans screwed up.

I thought the TDI torque would have helped the R10's, its either that or the privateer P1 teams have developed a lot.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 am

Sav 1 wrote:
But when Peugeot first went to Le Mans in 2007, they were very fast, and did not finish too badly. And that was their first sportscar attempt in years, remember. Audi, the masters at Le Mans screwed up.

I thought the TDI torque would have helped the R10's, its either that or the privateer P1 teams have developed a lot.

The privateer P1 teams have developed a lot.

Audi Didn't screw it up. They had to bring a new car or they would of not even be on the podium. If you watch Truth in 24 about everything leading up to le mans Audi were 1.6seconds slower than Peugeot and 3seconds slower at le mans but Audi had proven race car and Peugeot were still sorting it out.

Peugeot had problems in Sebring in ALMS, Spain and Monza and Spa in the LMS.

Peugeot in 2007 finish 2nd becasue 2 Audi crashed out and the other Peugeot retired. they wouldn't of been higher than 4th if Audi were all good.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 am

Audi screwed up because they only went to Sebring, and still will probably only do Sebring next year. They need to start racing more, surley that is one of the reasons why Audi have been successful, their racing and practice in ALMS and LMS. Now they are doing neither, and look what has happened.

And even though its a new car, the 908 thrashed the R15 on raw speed and now, rebility too.

Considering Peugeot only started their programme in 2007, and prior to that raced at Le Mans in 1993 - they have done very well at beating Audi this year at Le Mans.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:44 am

Sav 1 wrote:
Audi screwed up because they only went to Sebring, and still will probably only do Sebring next year. They need to start racing more, surley that is one of the reasons why Audi have been successful, their racing and practice in ALMS and LMS. Now they are doing neither, and look what has happened.

Audi only went to sebring in 2006 and won but We are not in the best time and thats the only reason why Audi did do any other racing we know that but i think Audi will be back in the ALMS

Sav 1 wrote:
And even though its a new car, the 908 thrashed the R15 on raw speed and now, rebility too.

Audi had problems with The R10 in 2006 at Sebring where they covered the on board camera with tape and at le mans bring a new engine always have problems. Audi were closer with R15 to Peugeot than last year on raw speed

Sav 1 wrote:
Considering Peugeot only started their programme in 2007, and prior to that raced at Le Mans in 1993 - they have done very well at beating Audi this year at Le Mans.

It was a 3year program. Peugeot did a great job this year they didn't have to go to Spa and they still could of won.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 am

i don't think audi were race ready for le mans
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 am

In 2006 Audi did not have factory competition at Le Mans, or any other team that had a similar budget or resources - it was very much a one-horse race. In 2007 and 2008, Audi's victories were more worthy in my opinion because a team with a similar budget and resources took the challenge to them.

We aren't in great economic times as you say, but if Peugeot could take three 908's to the 1000 km of Spa in May, then Audi could have done the same with their R15. Perhaps they thought because they beat Peugeot at Sebring, they thought they would be okay at Le Mans. Audi's sales are still strong enough, and its ironic that last year Audi entered ALMS and LMS, knowing the year later that the R10 would be scrapped. Yet in 2009 with a new car, decide to only do one race as preperation.

I think Peugeot's decision to do Spa this year was very important; its clear that Audi and Peugeot develop their cars a lot, so therefore in order to develop test their developments, they need to put to the test in an endurance race actually on track, Spa was perfect. Perhaps Audi thought that their upgrades would be okay, but it was a disaster. In fact actually, going to Spa was crucial. Just a month before the big race, to practice with the pit crews, test the car's latest modifications etc. Audi didn't do that, with their brand new car.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:17 am

cerca_trova wrote:

+ 1.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:26 am

Sav 1 wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:

+ 1.

Everyone thought at Sebring Audi would walk but we know there is more to that.

I agree aswell do you think Audi knew this???
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:32 am

I think what happened, was that winning Sebring in a new car was such a lift on confidence for Audi, after having so much success with the R8 and R10, that they thought that everything would be okay for Le Mans. Errrr......... Wink

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:41 am

you could be right, I mean Audi don't do everything on the stop. They plan and plan and plan, They must of known this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve   

Back to top Go down

Le Mans Series: 1000KM do Algarve
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1