Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:49 am

I hope that M.S. has not lost much of his competitiveness, which I am sure he has not, however I fell that in his best interests he would have been wiser to have stuck to his retirement. (I.M.O.)
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:50 am

I feel that to Chris, but it is good news m8.

He has nothing to prove, Ferrari are not fighting for anything.

Some fun for Schumi me thinks!

Back to top Go down
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 am

vingt quatre - 24 wrote:
I feel that to Chris, but it is good news m8.

He has nothing to prove, Ferrari are not fighting for anything.

Some fun for Schumi me thinks!

As I have posted in one of my previous posts, I am of the opinion that Ferrari ought to be looking to their future driver programme.
M.S. might help Ferrari at this moment of crisis. But ultimately they must get their driver line up for 2010 in order as Kimi
no longer be part of their Maranello outfit and as rumor has their number one driver is none other than Fernando Alonso.
Who wiill partner Nando???
Back to top Go down
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am

I think this selection gives Ferrari time to assess Massa's fitness further. If there is a chance that Massa can race in Belgium at the end of August then Ferrari look like they want to give him that chance. I guess their hope is that Kimi or Massa will partner Alonso next year.

I think selecting Schumacher for this race pretty much guarantees Alonso's seat at Ferrari next season. I'm expecting Kimi to be off with Massa staying, his fitness accepted. If they needed to find another driver for next season then they'd have put someone in there in my opinion. Selecting Schumacher means they don't have the "problem" of too many drivers to fill the two seats.
Back to top Go down
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 am

At this moment in time there are far too many question marks. The biggest question mark revolves around Felipe Massa. I do not mean to be disrespectful to F.M. , but it all seems to be Jig saw puzzle and it involves Felipe`s Healh outcome It sounds terrible , but it is fact.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:33 am

chris borg wrote:
I hope that M.S. has not lost much of his competitiveness, which I am sure he has not, however I fell that in his best interests he would have been wiser to have stuck to his retirement. (I.M.O.)

MS wouldn't drive if he didn't think he could be competitive, & people say that he hasn't driven the new F60 Suspect well i dunno about that Wink

Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:37 am

Big-AL wrote:
chris borg wrote:

MS wouldn't drive if he didn't think he could be competitive, & people say that he hasn't driven the new F60 Suspect well i dunno about that Wink

Having driven around Maranello or wherever, does not necessarily mean that he will be competitive at Valencia.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 am

True but if you've won a title seven times, you're probably as good at adapting to new circuits in new cars as anyone. Wink

Also just a thought - is the no-tesing rule even policeable? I'm not saying teams should test but I'm just asking whether the FIA can stop them from testing - would they even know if Ferrari had been running tests at Fiorano?!
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am

im not sure,

he isn't a official test driver & he could drive a old car round with new bits on i suppose.

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 am

The problem with secret testing, is that their is always going to be a photographer or journalist sniffing around. Fiorano is a test bed for many of the Fiat Group's new production models now, so therefore many photographer's from automotive websites or magazines hang around the place, waiting to spot new production cars before anybody else can - and exiting the track. So therefore it would be a big risk in actually testing.

I think this is one of the most positive pieces of news for Formula 1 this year, possibly ages. The reaction from what I have seen, has been 100 % totally positive from racing fans. Its something that genuine race fans want to see, they don't want to see politics (I like politics though Wink ). This is fantastic from a pure racing perspective, and an F1 legend who has worldwide status. Its positive, fresh, interesting and intriguing for the sport. In fact it makes BMW's exit is almost null void, especially if a privateer can pick them up for cheap.

This is fantastic news for the sport, just when it needs it. Instead of people speculating about what FOTA is up to next, or what Mosley's latest scandal will be blah blah blah - this is something totally positive to speculate about. Will Schumi shine, will be falter? Will be faster or slower or Kimi? I am looking foward to this.

Schumi will as usual, be very committed and focused on this - he is not the sort of man to do something for pure fun. So therefore I can see him making the situation even worse for Brawn, what if both Ferrari drivers badly want to beat each other, oh dear thats not good for them. I think they will try and respond, but it did nort work in Hungary....

p.s I hope Massa returns as soon as possible though, poor guy. Sad

Last edited by Sav 1 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:32 am

as i said i dunno, he must have driven the F60 as he is there to help advise & develop the cars.

it depends on the actual rules on testing though, & what is considered a actual test.

Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 am

http://www.stopandgo.tv/news/formula-1/tre-milioni-a-weekend-per-il-ritorno-di-schumi-calo-di-popolarit-per-massa-/default.html

I stumbled on this article by mistake. Don`t know if the figures are correct. Check it out.

There are many more articles, click on F1, and although the head line might appear in Italian ,once you click on it you can read it in the English language.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:40 am

MS test update;

Schumacher set a best time of 1m23.736s, and although the unusual machinery made direct comparisons difficult, the fastest time recorded during the Ferrari F60's week-long test at Mugello in January was a 1m23.981s by Massa.

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:19 am

Well I think we all knew that he would be right on the pace when he got back into the car properly, it is only those outside the sport that will be surprised by this time tbh.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:14 am

Schumacher is one of the three or four greatest drivers of all time -- he will not let anybody down.

Shame I've managed to find myself a new GF who wants to go to Barcelona in August rather than Monza in September... damn! damn! damn!

(well, it's good news really - but not in terms of seeing MS race, lol!!)

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:28 am

However there reports are emerging which suggest the FIA may look into
the Mugello test following Schumacherís use of GP2-spec slick tyres.

F1 Fanatic.
Back to top Go down
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:20 am

Hmmm... but on the same report....

Quote :
Heíll be testing again between now and the European Grand Prix at the end of the month. Following a request from Ferrari the other teams have allowed him to have a dispensation from the testing ban and spend a day acclimatising to the F60.

Why on earth would they sanction Ferrari for testing on GP2 tyres if they've been given leave to test on a full spec 2009 car??

That makes no sense...

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:28 am

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:26 pm

schumachers back and the cheating begins again, but this has to be a record he's cheating before his first race.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:09 am

Nah he's not, well not yet anyway - three teams have now opposed him testing before Valencia.

As the boss of Torro Rosso said, why let him test and not that kid at Force India? A seven time world champion obviously needs less testing than a novice.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 am

I don't see how he is cheating either, I mean he drove a Ferrari F2007 from the height of the downforce era with winglets on the front wing, massive bargeboards, winglets on the side pod etc - very different from the 2009 Ferrari. The purpose of the test was to see how he could handle an F1 car, after all the demands are said to be very great with the g-loads.

Schumi did say that his neck felt a touch sore the morning after, but thankfully with a long time to go until Valencia - that can be worked on with his trainer and the team. Even his Mugello run on GP2 slick tyres was okay, because the F1 tyres differ a lot in the way that the performance drops off. What no simulator will show Schumi, is how these slick Bridgestone's suddenly drop off in pace, they are a lot different from when he was racing. No doubt that Schumi will be fast up to speed, but the way that the super soft tyre has suddenly dropped off in pace on street courses this year has been surprising.

As regards to him testing the F60, nope - he shouldn't get a test. Ferrari have the option of putting in their own test driver, Marc Gene who has actually driven the F60 - so that is Ferrari's decision to not use their own test driver. The rules cannot be bent for Schumacher, and surley fans want to see what he is like without any testing with the F60 on Friday morning. Compared to pounding around Fiorano and fine-tuning everything.

I have a feeling that Schumi is going to upset quite a few people at the start and collide... Wink Wink

Last edited by Sav 1 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 am

Can you imagine a grid position consisting of three ex world champions as well as the current World Formula 1 Champion.
Paddy is going to have quite a job sorting out the results. Good luck Paddy.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 am

And it could be four world champions if Alonso is allowed to drive, very exciting. Surprised Very Happy

That Valencia track is class, a great street track. lol!

Back to top Go down
chris borg
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:14 am

Ferrari slates Williams over test block: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77551

Superb, I like that bitching from Ferrari. Perhaps Williams can bitch back, then that will increase F1's publicity. Razz

Seriously though, its Ferrari's CHOICE to use somebody who has never driven the F60 before. And any how, I cannot see him being like Yuji Ide in Valencia.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!   

Back to top Go down

Schuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumi!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Single Seater Racing :: Formula One-
Jump to: