Share | 

A truly sad letter...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: A truly sad letter...   Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:54 am

This is a letter to the Surtees family from one of Henry's friends and a rival, Germán Sánchez:

Quote :
Hi Henry,

Perhaps for me these are the hardest days of my life. After this horrible event, many things have been raised in my mind.

By chance, when they brought you to the medical centre I was there being attended to (for my accident with Hohenthal). In this moment I understood that something very serious was happening and when I saw all your family enter, I knew that it was you. From the moment your family entered to see you, a few minutes passed, then they came out again and I could see the horror and tears on your mother's face and the concerned look of your father.

I saw how they took you up in the helicopter and you left. I felt disorientated, with much need to know how you were because I feared the worst had happened. When I arrived at the hotel in the evening, Jonathan confirmed what I did not want to hear. In this moment a heaviness swept over my body and it still stays with me...

You are where you are, take care my friend. I will never forget the second race of Valencia where you put pressure on me for the whole race and, more than that, I will never forget the 19 July 2009 when a great promise and great rival departed from being amongst us.

To all the Surtees family, my greatest condolences, respect and best wishes.

Germán

http://www.formulatwo.com/news/german-sanchez-personal-message.aspx

That is quite touching, I must say, and I have been moved by his death for sure. Its kind of even more sad that Henry seemed like a nice guy.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
ghost rider

PostSubject: Re: A truly sad letter...   Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:11 am

yes it is touching .. soucek did a similar letter too.. i also am stunned, and affected by all this and being with henry 30-40 minutes before hand makes it harder to take in i was there for his 1st race and ..very sadly....this tragic weekend. ive knew john and henry for sometime and aways bumping into them in various paddocks in various parts of the country !! and it will for certain be different not seeing them now as i dont think john will get around much now...not after this !! i owe a lot to john and my heart and soul is with him and the rest of the family. it just dont seem real as 30-40 minutes before it happened i was doing a photo call with henry on his car ect and he was fooling around ..pranks ect to wind me up !! that it what i try to think of and some great racing ive witnessed of his..........R.I.P HENRY... MAY GOD BE WITH YOU Neutral
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: A truly sad letter...   Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:14 am

So it will be even sadder for yourself Dave, not seeing Henry in the paddock anymore. Sad This is clearly a massive loss, RIP Henry. Sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: A truly sad letter...   Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:49 am

In these sad times we should always try to remember the happier times and it sounds like a lot of people have happy memories of Henry, which is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A truly sad letter...   

Back to top Go down

A truly sad letter...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1