Share | 

Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:48 am

Just looking at Silverstone's website: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/rm_motoGP_1day_ticket.html

Some tickets are on the expensive side, although a lot less than British GP F1 tickets. With general admission tickets, have you got a chance of seeing much, given how many people attend the races?

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 am

From my personal experience, Silverstone offers best value for money in general admission areas - I wouldn't even consider buying a grandstand ticket. Best places for GA tickets are probably last part of Becketts, exit of Stowe or exit of Club, the latter two giving the best opportunity for overtaking. Becketts or Stowe would give you the best experience of seeing a bike go quick. Club would probably allow you to see bikes for the longest period of time.

Out of grandstand tickets, I guess Woodcote or the "Arena" areas would be best though only the former will let you see the bikes go quick - the Arena will be fairly slow I think.

I think Silverstone are changing the layout for bikes to by-pass Bridge and go "backwards" up the International link between Abbey and Maggotts before sweeping left and back down the Club straight on the National circuit so I can't quite see the value of the Farm tickets yet. Also, I was under the impression the start was going to be between Club and Abbey.... not sure if these plans have been approved yet.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:56 am

they should build my version it'd much better.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:48 am

Depends on whether you want to take pix or not, the fences mean there's not much scope for getting pix without the fences in the way. I guess Grandstands are hit and miss as to what tickets you get, never booked them only used them when they've been open for GA. There's not a lot of spectator banking like at Doington either, so you'd need to secure your viewing position really early. Price wise looks similar to Donington iirc.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 am

I like viewing at Copse, however I feel that I am too far away from the action. I prefer to view the action at the slower parts of the track, you tend to see more. Abbey is a great place to watch, because you are extremely close to the action. I was just wondering if the crowd sizes are going to be really big, whether grandstands seats would be worth booking - but they are a lot more expensive...

I have been to Silverstone a number of times and it will be odd to see the revised circuit. Surprised

Thanks for the advice guys.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:44 pm

Sav 1 wrote:
I like viewing at Copse, however I feel that I am too far away from the action. I prefer to view the action at the slower parts of the track, you tend to see more. Abbey is a great place to watch, because you are extremely close to the action. I was just wondering if the crowd sizes are going to be really big, whether grandstands seats would be worth booking - but they are a lot more expensive...

I have been to Silverstone a number of times and it will be odd to see the revised circuit. Surprised

Thanks for the advice guys.
You can get round Luffield to see the bikes there if you want slower speeds. Or of course Club is quite comparatively slow.

I'm not sure about how many people the event will attract but I think it will be comparable to Donington. And Silverstone is a slightly larger area so there *should* be room. But as BHCP says, it'll soon fill up. I know for the F1 GP this year, we got in early and it was pretty packed by about 11ish. That was 100,000 or so but I'm not sure if so many will be attracted to the bikes at Silverstone.
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:11 am

When I went to the British GP, I arrived at about 9am, and all of the GA were full, mainly because people put there chairs out and take up as much room as possible, therefore meaning less people can get in these areas. Whereas a bike audience would enable more people to get in these areas as they tend not to bother with chairs and therefore can get more people in the same area. IMO the area from the end of the Hangar Straight to Bridge has some of the best viewing in the GA areas, although it is gonna be busy on raceday.

Half of the trouble at Silverstone is that you can't view on the inside of the circuit, unless you get a ticket for the infield, which must be like gold dust seeing the amount of people there at the GP, and these areas were opened up it would be much easier to get a better view of the racing.

TBH with an early bird price of 80 for a three day ticket with a seat at Vale, Abbey or Club, I have to admit that I am tempted to book up now. Also the car parking is free, which means you save 40 compared to the parking for the F1 GP, which could then be used to pay for camping.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:08 am

We arrived for Moto GP at Donington last year at 8.15 and it was already filling up nicely. As for the chairs etc it seems only the bikers who've ridden to the track don't have them there were an awful lot at Donington last year even by 8.15.
Last years' attendance on race day was given out as 90000 so not far off F1
Back to top Go down
Matt
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:34 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwmsport/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...   

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Moto GP ticket prices...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1