BTCC - Croft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:32 am

Race 2 about ready to go, lets hope there's some competition for Turks this time out
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:04 am

Another 1-2 for WSR, well done to Turks and Jelley. Great move by Plato on Collard. Adam Jones had a good race to 8th.
Maybe the clouds will deposit some rain soon and spice things up.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 am

No10 drawn for the race 3 grid so Paul O'Neill starts from pole in race 3, hope he starts better than the Pole at Thruxton. Go On Paul Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:07 am

Superb racing, as I already said, I love that back section, seeing the drivers attempt to go side by side into there is epic. I was hoping that Neal would have been punted off in race 1. Razz

BMW are just brilliant. whooo

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:19 am

What a great final race. Giovarnardi is by far my favourite Vauxhall driver, his overtake on Thompson was superb. Cool I liked how Neal bashed Plato out of the way - lol! lol! lol! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I thought the safety car periods were well called. Steven must be fairly wet. Surprised

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:07 am

see if there'a any repercussions for Plato, if he did that in the dry i think he would have been penalised, but i think TOCa may allow for the rain, not that that helps Matt.
Gutted for Paul O'Neill, i don't think he'd have held off Gio but a podium was possible and would have been great for Techspeed just before the break and help Paul get some more sponsorship for the second part of the season.
Roll on Snetterton on Aug 2nd!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:52 am

Well what an eventful day. It Started out blistering hot. Got really sunburned my arm is stinging so bad, and ended up absolutely soaked right through I was numb. lol! 2 extremes in one. It's never dull at Croft.

Have to say some of the racing was good today,Mostly from the BTCC. I don't think the support races where up too much apart from the Ginetta Juniors and maybe the clios. Although will have to watch it again on TV to make sure.

Have to say that was one of the biggest crowds I've seen at Croft. We left quite early but was still stuck in a que to get in.
Great to see the Public supporting Motor racing in these times.

1st Touring car race was mental, I've never seen them go 3 wide coming out of the Hawthorns. affraid Great stuff. Normally the 3rd race is where brains are removed. Great to see Turkington claim back the title lead. I was cheering when Neal went off. Should hoepfully get some pics up over next few days, I need to upload and check them first.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 am

The racing is always so good in BTCC, sounds like you had a top day out.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 am

Sav 1 wrote:
I think he did, it was yellow, on the GP section.

Looking foward to the races today, whilst flicking over to Le Mans too.

I remember someone called Morrison in a Yellow Pug 306 hitting the tyre barrier and rolling it on the left hander, after what was then Dingle Dell. Wasn't sure if it's the same Morrison or not.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:21 am

Steven_85 wrote:
Sav 1 wrote:
I think he did, it was yellow, on the GP section.

Looking foward to the races today, whilst flicking over to Le Mans too.

I remember someone called Morrison in a Yellow Pug 306 hitting the tyre barrier and rolling it on the left hander, after what was then Dingle Dell. Wasn't sure if it's the same Morrison or not.

That is the one - I remember that well. Plato should stay away from Neal now, he'll want to get his own back. lol!

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:23 am

Yep it's pretty much gloves off between them two now. Go on Plato cheers

Sadly though Plato has been punished for that move on Neal.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1521
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:38 am

It's ironic how Neal rarley gets penalties for bashing off drivers. What was Neal's excuse for bumping off Jonathan Adams at Oulton Park, and losing him a load of positions?

I find this a bit over the top:
Quote :
He received two penalty points on his racing licence and an official reprimand for driving in a matter incompatible with general safety.

'General safety'? All Plato did was keep his foot floored to the throttle to clear Neal - he didn't exactly ram him up the backside into a tyre barrier or something - Neal had a harmless trip into some mud. I like Plato's excuse though Laughing Plato is class.

I really wish the stewards would just let those two bash each other, everybody that watches BTCC knows what an epic duel it is.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:44 am

From where we were, You really could see the Puddle of water on the first corner. That caught a few of the drivers out.

I don't understand this bit I've just read in a seperate statement

"The incident which caused uproar among the huge crowd that had stayed on despite the weather"

Uproar? What uproar scratch We were all cheering when Plato hit him. We still class Plato as Local boy Even though he isn't really.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 am

Thats just typical isn't it, so basically, BTCC are trying to make Plato look as bad as possible. Heck, if BTCC went to NASCAR, they would have a field day! Touring car racing isn't very fair, to be brutally honest. Neal would have done the same thing, I mean he did it to Adams in Oulton, Plato would be a huge incentive...

I think BTCC took the right calls on the safety car periods, of course last year a marshal got injured in the wet conditions, so they learnt their lesson today, however I don't understand their decision on Plato, their statement contains a lot of bollocks.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:41 pm

It does seem that TOCA are tightening up on 'ramming' incidents, but i don't know how Matt Neal got away with the Adam incident at Oulton. However JP shouldn't be doing the same cos he and MN can't stand each other. Meanwhile Gio has stealthily closed to within 4 points of Matt and will be hoping to make up the 29 points to Turks in part 2 of the season.
6 week break to Snetterton on Aug 2nd. Can VXR solve their woes in the heat? If the British Summer is a hot as the forecasters are predicting then they will need to or Turks will walk the championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC - Croft   

Back to top Go down

BTCC - Croft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2