HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Has somebody been tidying up around here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I notice that a lot of old threads in the GT forum have disappeared.
Why is that?
I only ask because I have had to start new threads on subjects previously discussed when the latest information comes along. No hardship really, just wondered.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:58 pm

I think they get deleted automatically if there are no mew posts in them after a certain period of time. It is how ever very annoying.
Back to top Go down
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:44 pm

cerca_trova wrote:
I think they get deleted automatically if there are no mew posts in them after a certain period of time. It is how ever very annoying.
I did wonder if it was automatic. Mad
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah it is automatic, if a thread has not been posted in for so long then it will dissapear. Cannot remember how long it is though

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:18 am

its 30 days i think.

im not keen on the auto filter myself Sad

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:13 am

no me neither
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:37 am

Auto-prunning is set to 90 days. However, threads never get deleted completely. Threads after 90 days just get transferred to a secret forum called ‘quarantine’ – it stores all old threads. I can easily move threads out of the quarantine forum and back into their original forum. So really, we have already answered members concerns. Because threads don’t actually disappear.

Auto-prunning was set up last summer because of the high volume of threads in all forums. The forum was looking a little messy, but then we set up the quarantine forum to store all old threads – so old threads could be brought to life again.

I hope everybody is happy with that, alternatively I could just switch off auto-prunning completely. But that would mean members would lose posts, something some were not keen on.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 am

So if i wanted a specif thread back i could have to back??

say the alms fantasy league thread??
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 am

cerca_trova wrote:

yes i have put it back in the ALMS area Smile

what im going to do (now i know Sav may not like this) is go through the quarantine area & put back some of the threads i think need to be put back, im not going to put loads of them back but over the next few days i will be putting some back, if there is a specific thread you want back then post the name as close as you can remember below & i will see what i can do (im not going to do loads though).

regards Big-AL Smile

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:42 pm

thats great thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:36 am

Any chance of bumping the European Rallycross Championship @ Lydden thread from the UK Motorsport section, especially with the event being only a month away as I have some news for the thread.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:39 am

I have done that for ya Deano

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:46 am

Big-AL wrote:
cerca_trova wrote:

yes i have put it back in the ALMS area Smile

what im going to do (now i know Sav may not like this) is go through the quarantine area & put back some of the threads i think need to be put back, im not going to put loads of them back but over the next few days i will be putting some back, if there is a specific thread you want back then post the name as close as you can remember below & i will see what i can do (im not going to do loads though).

regards Big-AL Smile

No not at all, feel free to do so Big-Al. If there are threads that you think are important (I trust you), then just add them when you feel like. It won’t make a huge difference adding by adding some back.

And that goes for everyone else too, if anybody wants a specific thread back of importance then just ask here.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 am

i have put up one or two, there was a few more interesting ones but they had very few posts anyway so i didn't see much point in putting them back up.

Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 am

I've just read the Forum rules Laughing RULES! on here!! whats going off?? lol! least its not on par with Motors TV forum rules

Keep on topic thats funny hows that gunna happen with us lot?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:54 am

going off topic is what i'm best at
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 am

Don't worry, the rules won't be enforced too much. The main reason for the rules were that thread in the chatting forum a couple of weeks ago, all members are almost always respectful. We decided to just create a code of conduct. Also, these rules keep as legally protected too.

Going off topic is fine, I'll continue to do it. Laughing You can to.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:09 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 am

I've only had to intervene twice on this forum, and thats in over 12 months - which shows the quality and respect of our members. Smile

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:26 am

the rules will be enforced however they are not over the top & are the same on most forums, & they will be somewhat flexible,

as for the "off topic" rule, it's more to stop a deliberate & blatant post to render the rest of the post's by other members pointless, a off the cuff comment is fine.

the signatures are another rule as there have been complaints & members will have until midnight Monday to change them, the size allowed is more than adequate & larger than other forums i am on.

also Sav is correct the rules are in place for legal reasons.

we are going to be fair & open about the rules Smile

Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 am

Twice?? Laughing god thats not much really is it for a years worth of posting
We're a decent set really just a bit mad half the time keep up the top job anyway thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:59 am

Indeed, its quite impressive. And cheers for the praise mate. Smile I like to think of 'off topic' as a flow of conservation. In real life you may start chatting about something, then the topic may change. Obviously, any blatant topic changing (e.g bashing other people) with no flow of conversation may get looked at and action may be taken. But I like to think how people communicate in real life.

Me and 24 were the biggest suspects of going off topic on old Motors - and Calden. lol!

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:08 am

Me! I did no such thing Laughing Embarassed

But yeah top job on here mind we're a small forum really so not much to do and all get on well so not really owt to alter with us, and yeah agree with the topic changing it does happen in real life
Oh and advertising Embarassed Embarassed I'm guilty of that right now on signature sorry
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:15 am

Yup being small certainly helps, although anybody is welcome. But having people you like talking to, and can have decent discussion is mostly better than having around 2,000 members, at least I've found that from other forums. Smile

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:01 am

just a heads up, gonna be doing some tidying up here the next couple of days, deleting old threads etc

Smile

PostSubject: Re: Has somebody been tidying up around here?   

Back to top Go down

Has somebody been tidying up around here?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1